Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a project with sample data

Matthew Lane March 6, 2020

Can someone help me figure out how to add sample data to a new project? When I navigate to "create project" I thought "create with sample data" was going to be an option (this is how I think it used to be done). But unfortunately there's no option to create with sample data when I do this.

2 answers

1 vote
khalid alqahtani March 6, 2020

Dear @Matthew Lane 

Weird. i just checked and create Software project with sample data and it's work fine.

Capture111.PNGCapture1212.PNG

Jira.JPG

This is all I see when I select "create project"

And when I click on a template, there's no option to create with sample data.

I just realized for Jira cloud there is no option to create project with sample data.

i wish to help you more. 

I'm watching a Udemy course where the guy is using Jira cloud and is able to create a project with sample data. Is that something that used to be possible, but isn't anymore?

my be he/she used deferment version or my be we used trial licencee. 

senior will help you don't worry.

Stéphane Veraart December 1, 2022

You need to create a new board within a (sample) project and then select sample data for the new board.

0 votes
Bharath Kumar Kappala
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2020

@Matthew Lane  Welcome to the community

For the server version you would have that option as soon as you install and try setting up Jira for the first time. And when you click on the Create a new project you would have the option to select creating project with sample data which you can use to create a new project with sample data.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events