Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I view my ticket history?

Michael.Doros December 13, 2021

maybe i'm just not seeing it but is there an easy way to view the ticket history? the only comparable feature i can find is by going to "Your Work" then viewing recent entries but i would like to be able to search through and filter all old tickets.

3 answers

5 votes
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 14, 2021

Hi @Michael.Doros 

You can find a built-in option for ticket history in the Activity section while opening each ticket you're interested in.

2021-10-21_16-44-05 (1).png

If you'd like to get a history for a list of tickets for some project or assignee, you can check solutions from the Marketplace. My team has developed the Issue History plugin that shows a full changelog for the selected list of tickets.

IH 11.png

Let me know if you have any questions.

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Welcome to the Community!

I think I'm a bit stuck on the detail of your question.

You say "an easy way to view the ticket history" and the answer to that is "click on issue history for a list of (almost) every change to the issue"

Next, there is "is by going to "Your Work" then viewing recent entries" - that's a separate question, it's looking for stuff you have updated recently, not the history of a single issue.  "your work" is a good way, but the question is becoming a little fuzzy, as "your work" draws in things that you've directly affected, and I am not sure that that is what you are looking for. 

Personally, I install the Jira Toolkit on every Jira I get my paws on, and create a "participants" field that gathers together a list of people who are the reporter, assignee or have commented on an issue.  Then I can use the JQL  "Participants = currentUser() order by updated" to get an ordered list of issues that I've done something with.  But again, I'm not sure that is quite what you need.

Finally, you say "i would like to be able to search through and filter all old tickets." - absolutely, almost all Jira users want to be able to do that, and Jira lets you.  The problem with that sentence is not that you can't search, but that the question is too vague.  You can search and filter all old issues.  But on what would you like to do it?

2 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Hi @Michael.Doros,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You should be able to see the history in the detailed issue view. If you scroll down you should see History as an option under Activity:

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 3.05.28 PM.png

Sometimes depending on the size of your browser window you will see a compact version of it like this

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 3.06.01 PM.png

Then you just have to click on the dropdown and select History. 

Preetham Sridhar June 23, 2022

I think the user is asking about how he can view HIS/HER ticket history.
For example. What were the tickets he worked on in the previous sprint, the previous month?

Like # people like this
rspringer May 23, 2023

I don't see the Activity control anywhere in my interface. Is this standard or something the administrator has to enable?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events