Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Create your first Halp Answer with these templates

Our users love automating FAQs with Halp Answers, but sometimes it can be tricky to know where to get started. So much to automate, so little time.

But creating answers can actually be super quick and easy. You can add them directly from the Halp web interface, or create them in Slack on the fly by adding a 📖  emoji to a response you’ve sent.

If you’re ready to create your first answer but not sure how to begin, below are a few ideas from other Halp customers to get you started. You can use these for inspiration, or even just copy, paste, and customize them!

👨‍💻 If you’re an IT Ops team…

• Password Reset 🔐

• Sample Question: How do I reset my Okta password?

• Answer Text: Follow these simple steps to reset your Okta password: Reset your Okta password | Okta

• Suggested Keywords: Okta + reset, Okta + password, Okta

• VPN Troubleshooting 🚧

• Sample Question: My VPN isn’t working.

• Answer Text: If you’re having trouble connecting to the VPN, here are some simple steps to help troubleshoot common issues: [link]. Please let me know if this doesn’t solve your issue and I’d be happy to look into it further.

• Suggested Keywords: VPN + connect, VPN + issue

81e8fb5f-e25d-45b9-8ea3-68759ca475ef.png

• Laptop Replacement 💻

• Sample Question: How do I order a replacement laptop?

• Answer Text: You can submit a laptop replacement request by filling out [this form], which will then go through your manager for approval. Once approved, you will receive an email with confirmation and shipping details.

• Suggested Keywords: New + laptop, replacement + laptop

👩‍🏫 If you’re an HR or People Ops team…

• Company Holidays 🎄 ✡️

• Sample Question: Which days do we have off for Thanksgiving?

• Answer Text: The complete company holiday calendar can be found here: [link]

• Suggested Keywords: Thanksgiving + days off, Christmas + days off, company holidays, U.S. company holidays, holiday + calendar, holiday + days off, holiday schedule, veterans + day off,

• Expense Reports 📊

• Sample Questions: How do I submit an expense report for my home office setup?

• Answer Text: We use [tool name] for tracking expenses. Here is a page with information on how to create a report, categorize your expenses, and more. If you’re having trouble, please feel free to reach back out!

• Suggested Keywords: expense report, file expenses, how do i + [tool name]

• Vacation Requests 🏖

• Sample Question: How do I request time off?

• Answer Text: You can submit a request for time off through this form: [link]. Once approved by your manager, you'll receive a confirmation email, and can add it to your team calendar.

• Suggested Keywords: PTO, time off, vacation, PTO request

eb9b0452-f6be-4d62-908a-6509fa3de10c.png

💰 If you’re a Sales Ops or Revenue Ops Team…

• Quota Tracking 💵

• Sample Question: How do I configure Salesforce to track quotas for my team?

• Answer Text: Here’s a step-by-step guide for setting up quotas in Salesforce: [knowledge base link]

• Suggested Keywords: quota + Salesforce, quota tracking

• Territory Map 🗺

• Sample Question: Who owns accounts in the Northeast?

• Answer Text: Here is a breakdown of our territory map for reference: [link]. Let me know if you need help getting in touch with the appropriate rep or you need an account reassigned.

• Suggested Keywords: territory map, [names of your company territories] + rep or own

👥 If you’re a Customer Success or Support team

• Account Cancellation 🚫

• Sample Question: Please cancel my account.

• Answer Text: So sorry to hear you’re looking to cancel [tool name]! Any additional feedback would be helpful for us so if you can fill out this survey, it would be super appreciated: [link] I've scheduled your subscription to expire at the end of your current term. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch.

• Suggested Keywords: cancel, cancellation, account, need to cancel

• Outage Information ⚠️

• Sample Question: Is [tool name] down?

• Answer Text: Apologies, [tool name] is currently experiencing an outage. Our engineering team is on it. I’ll post an update in this thread when we’ve resolved the issue, and in the meantime you can follow along on our status page: [link]

• Suggested Keywords: outage, down

59cfd483-84c2-45a1-b76c-60da28db5dae.png

💡 Pro Tip: Make it personal. Even an automated message can feel individualized by adding in an empathetic acknowledgment, like “I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble!” or a personal greeting. When creating an answer, you can incorporate placeholder variables like {{requester.name}} that will automatically populate when shared with a requester.

ac9a6782-70c3-4b03-b07d-b780bd01d531.png

These are just a few ideas to get you started, but there are countless ways to automate the way you support your users with Halp. [🤫 Spoiler Alert: Keep an eye on our community in the coming months for news of our upcoming knowledge base integration, which will help you get more out of the articles you create!]

Don’t miss our upcoming webinar where we’ll showcase the latest Answers features and share some best practices! Save your seat here.

1 comment

Does this work for both Answer channels and individual tickets? 

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Halp

Introducing the new and improved Halp Answers

TL;DR: We’ve added some exciting new features to our machine learning-based recommendation engine, Halp Answers , including powerful reporting capabilities. Register for our upcoming deminar to...

719 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you