Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Group Description

David Mosello December 30, 2020

I cannot find any way to edit existing portal group descriptions.  If I attempt to create a new portal group the option to add a description does not even show. I can only edit the portal group name and their request types associated with them.  However, when you actually go into the portal the descriptions that need to be edited or seen by end-users. 

I cannot find a way to make the necessary edits anywhere in Projects/Service Desk/Project settings/Portal Settings/portal groups.

Please Help!

3 answers

2 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 31, 2020

Hello David,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When creating portal groups, the only customization available is the name, request types, and order of request types. 

On the customer portal, the description that appears is nothing but the name of the request types on the same order the administrator added. Currently, it's not possible to change that.

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 12.34.11.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 12.34.35.png

Based on your request, I created a feature suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2020

thanks for confirming @Angélica Luz 

Like # people like this
1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2020

@David Mosello , if you are talking about changing the description associated w/ a portal group you created I don't believe you can. At least I have not found where to do so. I have never attempted before TBH. Assuming no one has an answer to how this can be done you might wish to open a ticket w/ Atlassian Support so that they can either point you to an existing suggestion in JAC or open one for you to watch/vote. Sort of surprised it isn't there...so maybe it is and I just cannot find.

Note: you can change the Group name but not description.

group.png

WORKAROUND - create a new group w/ desired description, associate all RTs to the group then trash the old group. Not terrible but :-(

Matthias March 18, 2021

Thanks for the workaround. This is really annoying.

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2020

Hi @David Mosello

are you looking for the description that can be adjusted when navigating to "Request Types" from Project configuration of your project?

The current one here is "Log a maintenance cern that needs our attention".

grafik.png

This reflects in:

grafik.png

The direct URL should be:
https://yourSiteNamegoesHere.atlassian.net/jira/servicedesk/projects/yourProjectnameGoesHere/settings/issuetypes/

In case this was not what you were looking for please let us know.

Regards,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events