Is there a way to map the terminal button in the toolbar to run a cygwin shell instead of invoking cmd.exe?
I believe the command I would need to execute is
C:\cygwin\bin\mintty.exe -i /Cygwin-Terminal.ico -
Though I'm sure this is not Atlassian related, I'll answer anyway.
To do this, you have got to install the Cygwin system including the 'bash shell'.
Afterwards you can introduce the following changes in order to change the 'normal' Windows DOS-box into a fully functional bash shell.
- open the registry editor (select 'Start->Run' and type 'regedit')
- browse to the key 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor'
- add a new string var named 'Autorun'
- edit the value of the new 'Autorun'-key to 'CYGWINBINPATH/bash.exe' (for CYGWINBINPATH insert the local path on your machine where the 'bash.exe' is located)
- open a new CMD.EXE shell and make it interactive!
If you would like to run the bash shell with your own '.bashrc' do the following:
- add ' --rcfile RCPATH/.bashrc' to the Autorun key in the registry and voilá! (as usual RCPATH is your local path to the file)
To make the shell change global for all users:
- install Cygwin globally for all users
- change the registry key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor' instead of 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER'
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG