Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Community Round-up: September 2023

Hello Everyone!

It’s that time once again to take a look at everything that has happened in the past month! From major events, to product announcements, to amazing people providing great tips & best practices to help the Community, I guarantee there is something here for everyone. Let’s get started!

Announcements & Highlights:

As always, there are a TON of amazing things happening and here is just a small sample of all the great things you don’t want to miss out on!

• First up, are the Community release notes! Be sure to check them out for al; the great updates to the platform you are currently using. The highlights: A new Community Manager, a New badge for September, fixes to kudos search.

• Next, Codegeist 2023 is happening now! It’s a little later than usual, but that is so that the winner’s announcement will happen during Atlassian’s Unleashed event. This year, they are looking for entries that will bring AI and Forge together to how improve the way in which teams do work. There’s still time if you want to enter, and there are cash prizes to be won.

• Mark Cruth & Sven Peters were responsible for the State of Teams Report, which was a great report and retrospective on team health and how to become a high performing team. They are starting a new series (which started last week) which will continue for the next few months all about a number of great new plays that you can utilize. Bey sure to check this out for last week’s recording and to set a reminder for the remaining sessions.

• If you haven’t heard, Atlassian started a Creators program to bring together people to make content about Atlassian and give them some curated information about upcoming campaigns and product information that should be highlighted, prompts for helpful content ideas and tips and tricks about making the most of each social platform. If you would consider yourself someone who makes content for Atlassian, check out the article and see if you meet the requirements, then submit an application today.

• What is bite sized learning? It’s a new way to teach you individual lessons about the Atlassian products created by Community Leaders (this one courtesy of Andy Gladstone) where you will get a 2-3 minute lesson, a short quiz and a community badge for completing it! Be sure to check this one out and stay tuned for more in the future.

• Have you ever done a personally test? I’ve done a few of them, and I’m pleased to report that they all seem to report the same thing. This is a newer one that ElenaK_NemetsckekBG posted. I always enjoy looking at the results of these tests, as well as learning the results from my friends and co-workers. This is a fun exercise that I would encourage you to check out!

• Very much related to that, is this wonderful piece it the new “Work Management“ group all about some of the great Team Playbook plays that you can use to learn more about your fellow coworkers. It’s definitely worth reading this as well as the Team Playbook. https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Work-Management/How-well-do-you-know-your-team/ba-p/2470218

• Next, did you know that Atlassian Certifications can help boost your career? If you haven’t already heard that from me, you are hearing it now and you should definitely read what it has done for Utkarsh Singh! He goes into details about what things were like both before and after earning those certifications as well as some tips about how you can start your own certification journey! https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jobs-Careers-articles/How-Utkarsh-Singh-is-Using-Atlassian-Certification-to-Boost-his/ba-p/2469107

• Speaking of certifications, Atlassian has launched a brand new certification tier “Atlassian Certified Associate“ and a brand new certification for that which targets end users being able to to have something they can show to prove their mastery of Jira Fundamentals. Go check it out and earn this new certification today! https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Training-Certification-articles/Announcing-Atlassian-Certified-Associate-Build-Your-Cert-Stack/ba-p/2477567?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=subscription_search_blog_article&utm_content=topic

• Finally, it’s a feel good story! Many of you know that I’m an Extra Life participant myself, but what you may not know is that Atlassian has a large Extra Life team themselves. This amazing group of people took to the controllers September 7th and 8th to raise money for the Dell Children’s Hospital in Austin, Texas. They have managed to raise a whopping $33,550! They are about halfway to their goal with Atlassian matching donations for each team member. If you would like to show your support and help them out, there is still time to make donations. Details can be found in the article! https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Gaming-for-good-with-Extra-Life-2023/ba-p/2470389

New Features & Product Updates:

Want to keep up to date on all the cool things Atlassian has announced about their products? Be sure to read through these, then go check out all the others for your favorite product!

Trending discussions you should join:

Want to join in on some trending discussions? Be sure to check these out!

Questions left out in the cold:

Why not lend a hand to another fellow Community Member and try answering some of these questions!

Automation Corner:

Looking for inspiration to optimize your processes? Check out some of the cool things people are doing with automation!

It’s hard to believe another month has already come and gone. Please be sure to stay healthy, stay safe and I’ll see you back here next month.

Also, are you interested in seeing what goes into making one of these posts? Checkout this short I made with the Confluence team: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/fRhRjDtHH94

Take care!

5 comments

Comment

Teodora V
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2023

I would need a month to catch up with the month 🤓

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2023

Great round up, @Jimmy Seddon

giphy

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Neghena drawio Diagrams October 2, 2023

Great update! Definitely going to take a look at some of these discussions :)

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Dominika Kuraś-Moskwa _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 3, 2023

Wow, a lot was going on! Thank you for this catch up!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2023

What @Teodora V said...

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events