Gaming for good with Extra Life 2023

Every year gamers around the world come together for a livestream, charity event called Extra Life. For the eighth year running, Atlassian is joining to make a difference with a goal to raise $70,000 for Dell Children’s Hospital in Austin!

What is Extra Life?

Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 5.00.02 PM.png

Extra Life is a Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals fundraising program that empowers the gaming community to make a difference in the lives of local kids. For 24 hours, we will play and stream games, run trivia, DJ, do silly challenges, and more while raising money for the Dell Children’s Hospital in Austin.

This year, our big game days are September 7 and 8! We’ll host our live-streaming event across the two days from 10 AM to 10 PM CST to make it easier for everyone to tune in and participate.

How does it work?

Atlassians sign up for an Extra Life fundraising page and use social media and other means to drive donations from friends, family, colleagues, and anyone else who is moved to donate. Players often set up fun incentives for reaching goals.

On our game days, we open a main Atlassian stream on Twitch where our gamers take turns streaming on our main channel. The main channel will cover the full 24 hours!

How can I donate?

You can donate on a gamer’s personal fundraising page or directly on our Atlassian team page. The best part? Atlassian will match all donations on a per-player basis up to their first $1,000. Donations are optional but greatly appreciated. You can find donations links under each player's About tab.

Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 4.58.45 PM.png

Atlassian team page

So there are lots of streams? And an Atlassian stream?

Yes, a streamer will have their own channel up and running and each player receives donations that roll into our team donations.  Each player will have a timeslot to stream to the main Atlassian channel as well. Then, when it’s their designated time to be on the main channel, the channel owners will push their stream to the Main Stream and show up on both channels.

Get ready to tune in LIVE! Extra Life 2023 team Roster and Twitch channels

You can catch all the action on September 7 and 8 from 10 AM to 10 PM CST on our main channel or by checking out any of our streamer channels below. Pick a stream (or a few) to watch, tune in, chat, and have fun!

2 comments

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2023

Amazing @Stephen Sifers!  You guys are the reason I discovered Extra Life and have become an active participant for the past 4 years for my local hospital!

I wish you all good luck and I hope you reach your goal this year!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2023

I'd love to know the names behind the channels so I could select some Atlassians I may know personally to follow.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events