Create
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Bite-sized Learning: Confluence Shortcuts

Hey there, Confluence enthusiasts! What time is it? πŸ•’ It's quiz time! πŸŽ‰ Ready to level up your Confluence game? Let's do this! πŸš€πŸ“šπŸš€

In this installment in the Bite-size Learning series, we're diving into the world of [insert dramatic pause] Confluence shortcuts! πŸ’‘

And of course, for kudos members, our Bite-sized Confluence Shortcuts badge will also be yours! 

Screenshot 2023-09-14 at 6.35.16 PM.png

Here are the details on how to learn and earn the new badge:

step to profit.jpg

• Watch the most excellent @Andy Gladstone's video below where he demonstrates a few nifty shortcuts to make your Confluence experience smoother and faster. (It's just 4 minutes) 

Confluence Shortcuts Video

Take the 5-question* Confluence shortcuts quiz

Quiz not displaying? Make sure that you're logged in, and verify you've joined the Kudos program. Instructions on how to join are below.

If this activity puts your brain into learning mode, head to Atlassian University and to start the Confluence Quickstart: New to Cloud course. Or if it inspired more questions you can always ask them here.

Already familiar with Confluence shortcuts? In the comments, share your favorite shortcut not covered in today's quiz or any 'aha' moments you've had and want to pass on!

Happy learning! See you soon for the next installment. :)

*If you are not enrolled in Kudos, you need to join before you can see or take this quiz. Just log into the community and click the button at the top right of the nav bar that says Kudos; then click "Join the Kudos program" to enroll instantly. Welcome to the Kudos program! 

Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 10.29.14 AM.png

51 comments

Comment

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2023

I love bite-size learning.  Thank you @Janice and @Andy Gladstone

Like β€’ # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2023

@Janice - took the quiz twice! I failed one question (heh, whoops) and got a QUIZ FAILED notice. I had to prove to the world that I actually know my shortcuts. 🀣 Plus I wanted the confetti. πŸŽ‰

@Andy Gladstone - I appreciated the conversation you were having with yourself in those page comments! πŸ™Œ

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2023

Really cool for new Confluence users (and for those who want to test out their knowledge about shortcuts πŸ˜„).

@Andy Gladstonea question though - wouldn't it be easier to type 2 slashes (//) and then press Enter (as date macro is then first on the list) instead of typing 3 slashes and then pressing Enter? πŸ™ƒ

Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2023

This was a great, quick way to learn these thingsβ€”I was only aware of the E to enter Edit Mode before.

Question: Every time I insert an emoji at the beginning of a paragraph, I don't know where my cursor goes, but whatever I type is not appearing anywhere on the page. I have to remember to click my mouse in the line to get the cursor. Is there a shortcut to do this?

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2023

I am in love with the quiz. I hope to keep them coming and the shortcuts reminds is always helpful.

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2023

Great job @Janice and @Andy Gladstone! Loving these bite sized learnings! Keep 'em coming!

Katherine Jones September 19, 2023

My manager likes us to contribute to our Confluence page.  Thanks for the shortcuts!!

Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2023

Is the quiz no longer available?

I'm part of the Kudos program, and I was able to take the previous bite-size JQL quiz, but I'm not seeing this Confluence quiz at all. I have checked with Edge and Chrome, with tracking/protection settings enabled and disabled, and in InPrivate/Incognito modes, but the quiz isn't appearing for me at all. Any advice?

Edit: thanks @Janice! I can see the quiz now, and just completed it 5/5 :D 

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2023

Hi @Janice , I am logged in but not able to see/take the quiz though, even if I click on the 'Do The Mission' link in the 'Bite-sized Confluence Shortcuts' challenge. 

Janice
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 20, 2023

Hi all! The quiz has made a reappearance should be displaying now. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2023

Hi @Janice I really loved this post and the video content from @Andy Gladstone

Here's my all time favourite shortcuts post. that covers a ton.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2023

good stuff @Janice , thanks for posting.

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2023

I love these bite-sized videos - all the kudos to you @Andy Gladstone !

For Confluence, I've also used // + return to do the date, not ///. I'm also on Mac - is that a difference? And I always learned that / was to open the macro browser.

Presenter mode is new for me - love it!

ElenaK_NemetschekBG September 21, 2023

Wow! What a fun way to learn the shortcuts for Confluence. I am sharing it with my colleagues! 

I would really like to know how to set up the quiz that is in this post, can anyone share? 

Janice
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 21, 2023

@ElenaK_NemetschekBG Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for sharing it with your colleagues. :) To clarify on your quiz question. I'll answer in two ways to ensure I cover both contexts I can see your question from.

1. If you are asking how to setup your own quiz like the one in this post, we use a "widget" from a Khoros partner. Unfortunately, this tool isn't available for use beyond Atlassian Community Managers.
  2. If you asked because you'd like to know how to embed a quiz in the topic, well, Atlassian staff have a little extra "magic" in our toolkit when it comes to adding elements to content we post. Because magic is awesome... and a little bit dangerous, embedding items is another primarily Community Manager ability.

I understand neither of these responses give you the tools/info to embed quizzes in your own content. To that end, if sharing a quiz in a topic or article you want to try, I'd suggest creating one using a free & easy quiz builder like TypeForm or SurveyMonkey and linking out to it in your topic/article for others to take! 🫢

Ryan Perry September 21, 2023

This almost feels like I been given... Superpowers @Janice @Andy Gladstone 

1FTS

Janice
Community Manager
September 21, 2023

There are many different types of wizards at Hogwarts! 🀫 πŸ˜‰

Like β€’ Andy Gladstone likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 21, 2023

β€œHelp will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.”

KristjΓ‘n Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2023

Awesome! Thanks for this @Andy Gladstone and @Janice 

LynnG September 25, 2023

Love the "r" function of presenter mode, I didn't know about that.

Thank you  @Andy Gladstone @Janice 

David Blank
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2023

Awesome video @Andy Gladstone!

laknath October 1, 2023

Interesting !

Like β€’ Andy Gladstone likes this
Sue Wilson October 2, 2023

I've been using Confluence for quite a long time BUT have to admit I didn't use the shortcuts.  NOW that I see how quickly & easily it is to edit, comment, share and more, I don't think I will ever NOT use shortcuts again!  These bite-size learnings are GREAT for new and old Confluence Admins!  Thanks so much @Janice & @Andy Gladstone for this one!  Can't wait to see more!

ConfluenceBSL.PNG

Bella Den October 2, 2023

I love quiz.
Great ideas

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2023

Thanks for putting this together!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events