📣 Automation for Confluence update! MORE triggers, actions, supported Jira fields, and...templates!

:wave: It’s Avinoam once again, your product manager from Automation for Confluence, here with another update on a new set of features we’ve just added this week!

Over the past few weeks we’ve posted updates on:

TL;DR - We’re adding even more. Like 3X more.

• 12 more triggers & actions - ALREADY LIVE!

• 12 more supported Jira fields - ALREADY LIVE!

• 15 more templates - GOING LIVE IN THE NEXT WEEK

New triggers & actions

Triggers:

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 2.17.22 PM.png

1. Task Created

2. Task Status Changed / Completed

3. Page Owner Changed

4. Page Attachment Added

5. Page Attachment Deleted

6. Blog Attachment Added

7. Blog Attachment Deleted

8. Space Archived

Actions:

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 2.17.58 PM.png

1. Change Page Owner

2. Move Page

3. Archive Space

4. Add Space Permission

New supported Jira fields

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 2.16.32 PM.png

• Reporter

• Linked issues 

• Components

• Priority 

• Original Estimate 

• Fix versions 

• Custom Field - Checkboxes 

• Sprint 

• Custom Field - Radio Buttons 

• Remaining Estimate

• Affects versions 

• Custom Field - Version Picker (multiple versions)

New templates

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 2.14.25 PM.png

1. When Task Created then create Jira Issue

2. When Task Status Changed / Completed then Change Page Status

3. When Page Owner Changed then Change Page Status

4. When Page Owner Changed then Change Page Restrictions

5. When Page Owner Changed then Manage watchers

6. When page copied then Change Page Owner

7. When page copied then Change Page Status

8. When page copied then change page restrictions

9. When page moved location then change page status

10. When page moved location then change page owner

11. When page moved location then change page restrictions

12. When page moved location then change Change User Group / Permissions

13. When page moved location then notify me

14. When Page Deleted then notify me

15. When Page Archived then notify me

We’d love to hear from you!

We’d love your feedback so please feel free to schedule time with us directly here or drop a comment on this post :pray:

15 comments

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2023

Awesome!  @Avinoam ~ is this still not available for Confluence Data Center?

Avinoam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2023

@Laurie Sciutti that's correct, this is only available in Confluence Cloud.

Like Laurie Sciutti likes this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2023

Thanks for confirming, @Avinoam .  I'll have to wait patiently until we've migrated to Cloud then.  😞

Avinoam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2023

We're waiting for you! :) 

Like Scott Bell likes this
Antal Vig Communardo September 13, 2023

Awesome, thats really great to hear! Need to try them out asap
Are Jira Issues now linked that we're created with that Confluence Automation?
That didn't worked with Jira Automation yet, and is quite a pain :) 

David Berclaz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2023

@Laurie Sciutti > This is available for Confluence Cloud PREMIUM (because Confluence Automation is not part of the Confluence Cloud Standard Edition)

Dan Tombs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2023

Great work @Avinoam as always. Love to see A4C getting the focus. The triggers are much needed, especially the task one. The actions are great too. Seeing things expand into the newer functionality within Confluence around page status, owner etc will be great.

I have now been able to automate bulk space permission changes on listed spaces and revamp my automated space archival work Happy to showcase these off whenever for possible templates?. I have some thoughts on conditions that I was wondering whether we could discuss at some point or whether there are any little snippets to know? ;)

One thing on the space permissions which is not totally clear. There is not set permission for the ability to delete own. You have the ability to set delete pages etc. but not delete own. Could you clarify if this is coming as an update?

The new supported fields is also brilliant. Glad to see additional fields being added so further context can be provided without switching. I do agree with @Antal Vig Communardo, comment around auto page linking with the Jira ticket. This would be great to see and something I know we have spoken on in the past.

Thinking of a possible new trigger and wanted to get your feedback on it. A multi event trigger like A4J.

The ability to select both page published and page moved. Action would be to make sure correct labels apply based on the parent page.

Dan

Like # people like this
Avinoam
Atlassian Team
September 15, 2023

Thanks so much @Dan Tombs ! Awesome feedback as always :)

Will be reaching out directly to chat once again!

Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 19, 2023

Awesome updates! Love it already, can't wait to take some time and automate some more things in our Confluence instance!

Fun fact: Me and my team are writing a best practice article about Confluence automations for our Confluence Collaboration Hub.

I guess we already need to update the article with the new triggers, actions, ... :-)

Like # people like this
Avinoam
Atlassian Team
September 19, 2023

@Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_ thanks for the feedback! And love the fun fact - that's awesome!

VINCENT DUPONT September 21, 2023

Hello

this looks great but I still have some questions

1. I cannot see the templates shown here. Do I miss something?

2. I managed to create a Jira Issue when a task is created. However, I cannot show in Confluence the link to the new Jira Issue. Is this possible? (like when copy/past a Jira issue link into Confuence)

3. when creating the Jira Issue, I can only fetch the complete confluence body {{task.body}} including the asignee and date. Is it possible to fetch only the task name without the assignee and date?

Actually, i'm just looking for a simple way to create Jira Issues while editing the Confluence page. ...

thank you

Vincent

Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 18, 2023

It took a bit longer for us to finalize the article my team and me were working on (because of so many awesome updates came in!) but here it is: Confluence Automations – Turning Repetition into Efficiency

And yes, even the latest update that end-users can now run automations from the page UI is still missing 🙂

I hope you like it and we're happy to get feedback to further improve it!

Cheers,
Steffen

Like Avinoam likes this
Avinoam
Atlassian Team
October 18, 2023

@Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_ this is AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for sharing ❤️

Like Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_ likes this
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
December 6, 2023

@Avinoam , I've been working on a Confluence Automations best practice video based on @Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_'s article and I've got to say, the team is improving it too quickly! 🤣
I opened the automation builder on Monday to get some last screen capture and the design had been improved! 🙀 Like, my leading actor just had a nose job before the last day of filming! Haha.
Anyway, Confluence Automations shine very brightly, great work!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWoQCCQupjw

Like Avinoam likes this
Avinoam
Atlassian Team
December 6, 2023

@Matt Reiner _K15t_ you just made our day!!! 🤩 on behalf of everyone involved in building Confluence Automation - thank you SOOO much for your feedback and for putting together this absolutely stellar video ❤️

Like Matt Reiner _K15t_ likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events