Community release notes for September 13, 2023

buzz.jpg

Welcome back to another edition of community release notes, sharing the latest and greatest happenings in the Community… and beyond!

New: ME! It wouldn't be the latest and greatest release note if I didn't introduce myself. ;) So, hi! I'm Janice! Before receiving a paycheck to do one of the most incredible jobs in recent history, I founded and spent 12 years cultivating a fantastic community of passionate enthusiasts who freely shared knowledge and their expertise, genuinely supporting one another. The experience was so personally fulfilling that I switched careers and now help enterprise organizations build communities. One of my favorite sayings I feel applies so perfectly to Community is, "A rising tide lifts all boats." I'm here to support the venerable @Monique vdB. She has plans, people.

Enough about me! Moving on to actual release notes -  

Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 1.42.36 PM.png

New: Jobs and Careers month has returned! Right now is the perfect time to participate in this round. The theme is Lean into Learning. While you're treating yourself to fancy new knowledge in Atlassian University this month, we encourage you to Lean into checking the new actions off the list to grab the limited badge. Because you're heckin smart, and we love you, and you love fancy-pants new badges. Isn't it adorable?

Fixed: Searching for people using the Kudos search function has way less 🤬 and way more 🥰. SPACES in usernames are now in search logic. Your assignment, should you choose to accept: Find friends with spaces in their username (they might have been feelin' a little left out) and send them a Kudos gift to give virtual hugs. Who doesn't love those?

New: Bevy Status Page Launched 

( humble brag; this improvement is based on Atlassian feedback!)

There's a new Status Page to enhance transparency and reliability for community managers, community members, event organizers, and attendees. With this launch, you can better stay informed, plan events efficiently, and easily access historical data. The new status page will provide local leaders and attendees with a seamless community and event experience. Head over to the Bevy article to learn more about this topic. 

New: Bevy Styling Updates for Chapter Dashboards 

With this update, Bevy's goals were to refine the experience, make it more intuitive, and optimize interactions. Chapter dashboard flows and functionality will remain the same for now. However, Bevy plans to improve functionality and flows soon, so keep an eye on this space.

New: Bevy Event 'Add to Calendar' Integration 

Attendees who use Gmail or Yahoo for calendaring no longer have to add events manually. With a button click, events you've registered for are now easily added to calendars via the ticket confirmation email. Event details like dates and notes will also sync seamlessly. 

That's a wrap! Just a tiny little list for this edition of release notes. No big deal.

sunglasses smirk.png 

Have a great week!

8 comments

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2023

Thank you for the awesome update and Welcome @Janice

Like # people like this
Rudy Holtkamp September 14, 2023

Welcome @Janice!

I'm looking forward to see the Monique's plans in your upcoming release notes!

Like # people like this
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2023

🙌 for the Kudos search bar!

Cheers for the updates 🙂

Like # people like this
Wisdom john ikoi September 14, 2023

Cheers 

Like Janice likes this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2023

Thank you

Like Janice likes this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2023

Great update @Janice!

Like Janice likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2023

I'm here for spaces in usernames! That Kudos search has been a major bane of my Kudos-giving existence. 🤣

And welcome @Janice ! ✨✨✨

Like # people like this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2023

Nice updates and improvements. 💙 And hey, welcome, Janice! 😁👋🏼

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events