Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

OpenFOAM modifying airfoil tutorial

So I'm trying to teach myself openFOAM for the research that I'm working on this summer and had a few questions. I was able to sucsessfully run the airfoil tutorial,

yet I'm having issues while trying to find where I can alter the variables for it: Re, AoA, airfoil shape ect. I've found the locations of density and viscosity by looking through all the files. I figure that I'm just overlooking the others, but can't for the life of me find out where. At this point I'm only interested in altering the simplefoam variables if that means anything.

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

1 answer

0 votes

I think you need to ask this in a forum about openfoam and/or aerofoils.

Or explain what it has to do with Atlassian products

This is the forum I was brought to by the site where the tutorial is, which is confluence. So I assumed it was a good place to ask. Also I thought there was a link in the initial question,

Ah, no, sorry.

Confluence is the software that provides your site with a wiki/documentation system. In itself, it's nothing to do with the content. We could help you if you were having problems with the use of Confluence, but not the content (unless it were about Atlassian stuff)

Might want to ping the Confluence admins to tell them they've got misleading links in their setup

Not your fault there are some misleading links there :-)

Ok thanks, sorry about the miscommunication.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Off-topic

Don't F&*% the planet.

Over the weekend, Atlassian ran a New York Times ad calling on business leaders to join us in committing to a net zero future through the Science-Based Targets Initiative. As part of our gl...

1,647 views 10 56
Read article

Atlassian Community Events