Atlassian Community Round-up: November 2022

Hello Everyone!

I’m sorry there is no video version this month, I have been battling a nasty eye infection (which I have overcome) and as such there simply wasn’t enough time for me to put together a recording for this month.

So much has happened in the month of November, and I’m going to try something a little different this time. I always say there is a ton of great content to check out each month, in an effort to bring more of that content to you in this round up, I’m breaking this out into a few more sections and including some additional articles for you to check out. I would love to hear your feedback in the comments.

Announcements & Highlights:

This section has typically been the entire round up, and will continue to exist. If there is something important (CVEs, Important Dates/Events) or cool articles fellow community members have authored, you will find them here.

New Features & Product Updates:

So many more Atlassian Product teams are regularly sharing updates about the work they are putting out into our hands to play with, and the list of Atlassian products is continuing to grow. I don’t want to have to pick and choose anymore between sharing the feature announcements I’m excited about and the important time sensitive announcements you need to hear about. Going forward I will have a dedicated section to nerd out about everything cool that is either available now or coming our way soon!

Trending discussions you should join:

This section has almost always existed and I felt it was worth keeping it around as there are some really good topics that show up here that I think are engaging for people to get involved in.

Questions left out in the cold:

Every day hundreds of questions are posted on this Atlassian Community and unfortunately not all of them receive some attention. I’m adding this section to highlight some of the questions that have been asked and have not received a response in a while. If you think you can help, please jump and where you can!

Automation Corner:

I have seen a trend recently with a number of people posting cool and unique ways to accomplish various tasks using Jira Automation (maybe we’ll start to see Confluence Automation in the future too). I wanted to gather these together and share them since I learned a number of tricks I didn’t realize I could do with automation and this inspired some out of the box thinking around how I can solve some additional issues that my users are looking to have Jira perform for them.

That is all that I have for you this month. I hope you enjoyed the new format with additional content for you to get involved in. Be sure to tune in next month as we ring in the new year by wrapping up the last month of 2022. If you are celebrating holidays with your family in December I wish you all safe and healthy travels.

See you all next month!

16 comments

Comment

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon and glad you are on the rebound from eye infection!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

Love the new format @Jimmy Seddon! It's a welcome early holiday gift for the entire community - nothing like starting the holiday cheer on December 1. 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2022

Amazing, @Jimmy Seddon !  I forgot so much happened!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2022

WOW, what a month and all of the stuff happening! And then someone gave you the stink eye on top of it. Glad you are recovering!

Jospeh blessing December 1, 2022

love it🙈

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2022

Great recap as always @Jimmy Seddon ! Can't wait and im so looking forward to building out quests in Trello!

Like # people like this
DEF Summit December 6, 2022

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon! Lots of great info here!  I'm new here, I look forward to reading more. 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2022

Welcome to the community @DEF Summit!  I'm glad you found this article helpful!

Like DEF Summit likes this
Andrea Udi December 7, 2022

thanks

Abhay Gupta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2022

The first group I have joined, and what a round-up.. full of info and window into all the things that are happening 👍

Thank you @Jimmy Seddon !

Guz Vinueza December 8, 2022

Great info @Jimmy Seddon , I just received the invite to be part of Atlassian Community and I am very happy I accepted. 

Already using JIRA and Confluence for 10+ years.  Big champion wherever I go.  Greetings !

Sharon Halpin December 11, 2022

Thank you  @Jimmy Seddon    The new format with additional content is excellent!  Hope you are now fully recovered!

Deepak Rai
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2022

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon! Lots of great info here! 

RISHAV KUMAR GUPTA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2022

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon Lots of info here !!

raj shaswat December 27, 2022

Lot of thing to catch-up 

Sue Wilson June 8, 2023

Holy WOW!  While browsing through all the community forums, I somehow missed this featured group!  Such great information you provide every month @Jimmy Seddon !  I have a lot of reading to catch up on! I somehow even missed your kind shout out about my JIRA Heroes story! Thank you so much for that! And for all you do to create these monthly highlights....KUDOS!!  ;-)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events