What’s New in Confluence Cloud – Oct & Nov 2022 Edition

Hi Atlassian Community!

As the foliage 🍂 has been busy changing colors, it’s been a busy season for Confluence as well! With new Confluence templates, improved PDF exports, and more feature upgrades, we’re excited to share the latest with you in this edition of What’s New.

giphy.gif

10 new templates are live in Confluence 📝

Jumpstart your work with new templates for presentations, change management, priority mapping, and more! Check them out.

presenter mode 1.png

Exported PDFs better match Confluence pages 👯‍♀️

Following up on your feedback about PDFs, we’ve rolled out new improvements that make PDF exports better mirror the layout, design, look and feel of their original Confluence pages. See the updates.

whatsnew 2.png

Site admins can now set full-width mode as global default ↔️

With full-width mode becoming more popular among users, site admins now have the ability to make full-width pages as the default for all your teams. Learn how.

whatsnew3.png

Free webinar on agile planning for better teamwork 🥇

See how Confluence Premium features like Team Calendars and Automation enable faster teamwork without the tedious tasks. Sign up.

whatsnew4.png

How to use Confluence with Microsoft Teams 🤝

Find out in this free webinar on how Confluence pages create a single shared workspace to boost collaboration on Microsoft Teams. Register here.

whatsnew5.png

Gamers keep work moving with Confluence 🎧

Did you know that 85% of gamers capture team knowledge better with Confluence?! If you're a project manager in gaming, let us know how you use Confluence for your team in the comments! Learn more.

whatsnew6.png

Create and onboard happier teams with Confluence 🏆

Learn tactics for effective onboarding, smoother collaboration, and improved employee experiences in this on-demand presentation from the Work Life event at Chase Center! Watch now.

whatsnew7.png

Supercharge teamwork during Premium Week 💥

Premium Week is back, right here on Community! Join the Premium group to learn insider tips from Atlassian product experts about Premium features while earning prizes and donations for charity. Check it out.

whatsnew8.png

11 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2022

Thanks for this @Cindy Ji 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2022

Thanks! Headed over to check the new templates ASAP!

Like # people like this
Christophe Mes November 9, 2022

When is page level security available for Confluence?

In a recent email it mentioned early November 2022.

Gerri Mills November 14, 2022

Unfortunately the updates have completely broken our PDF exports :-( 

Um found this on another page (can't link here apparently) . "NOTE: If @page customizations are being applied in the space PDF stylesheet, you won’t see the improvements to PDF being applied as they are incompatible at the moment."

Actually, what you mean to say is if you are using @page customizations they now no longer work, and the functionality you were previously using isn't available.

Space exports are broken.

I have to use space export to

1. Add page header

2. add page footer

3. include multiple pages in the one export to force a page break as there is no way to have a page break any other way.

Space Export to pdf

1. doesn't export the table of contents from within the page, but will add a TOC itself because @page customisations to hide it don't work anymore.

2. always adds page numbers even if you don't check that box.

I had to spend an hour reformatting the export to word (which didn't actually create a proper word document, rather a web page saved with .doc extension) in a format adequate to send to my client. 

Really unimpressed

Like # people like this
Colin Brain November 15, 2022

Looks really nice.  Any chance of this being extended to when a space is exported to pdf?  We make a lot of use of that capability for either controlled documents or people without Confluence, but the formatting is poor and often chops off wide pages etc.

Kythera of Anevern November 15, 2022

As a veteran of the gaming industry (and still a gamer, myself), I want to know more about how gamers are using Confluence!

Unfortunately, the link associated with Gamers keep work moving with Confluence 🎧 redirects to  at https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/managers 😿

This also reminds me, I really should write an article on how I use Jira on my private Atlassian subscription to help manage my ADHD--and why the Jira Work Management Task tracking and Personal task planner templates aren't as helpful for this as Jira Software Development (spoiler: it's Scrum/Sprints). 

Like # people like this
Eduardo Augustine November 16, 2022

Awesome pointers @Cindy  Thanks for sharing.

Like Cindy Ji likes this
Jewson, John November 17, 2022

This link is not working for me on the 'gamers' article:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/gamers

Just wants me to login in to Confluence - but I am see :) now show me the article please

Like # people like this
Rahav November 20, 2022

This release is a facade. When will we be able to enter Edit mode without the page jumping up and down and taking forever to read? When will we be able to save a page and it will stay in place?

Like Susanne Ertle likes this
Val Bilotserkovska November 21, 2022

Hi! Looking forward to see: "you can now edit pages offline" update :) 

Like Susanne Ertle likes this
Christine Green November 29, 2022

Would like to register for the Confluence in Teams webinar, but there is no registration link on the page here: Meet and Collaborate in a Single Space: Confluence for Teams (M365v484EXT) Registration Page (eventbuilder.com)

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events