Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications for Advanced Checklists are here!

We're excited to let the Trello Community know that we’ve released notifications for Advanced Checklists!

Quick refresher: Advanced Checklists allow you to assign members and due dates to checklist items in Trello. The feature is available on Standard, Premium, and Enterprise plans. Read more.

image-20221031-185148.png

We heard you—you love Advanced Checklists for a detailed breakdown of tasks and ownership in Trello, but could use some notifications to help stay on top of assigned items.

Now, you’ll receive notifications for Advanced Checklists if:

• You are assigned to a checklist item

• A due date is added or changed on a checklist item you’re assigned to

• A due date is coming up or past due for checklist items you’re assigned to

Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 9.45.36 AM.png

Notifications will be sent via email, and will show up in the in-app notifications feed (found under the Bell icon in the header). You can always change the frequency of email notifications on your Account Page.

Tip: You can view all your assigned checklist items under “Your Items” on Trello Home!

image-20221026-165253.png

Push notifications for Advanced Checklists are coming soon for Trello iOS and Android mobile apps as well.

Note: You will receive Advanced Checklist notifications only if you are assigned to the checklist item, not if you are simply “watching”  the card.

We hope this helps you and your teammates stay on top of your important work in Trello. Let us know if this is helpful, and if you have any feedback!

15 comments

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2022

This is awesome! I've heard a lot of folks interested in this and I'm sure it will be a welcome notification! Thanks for the update @Jenny !

Like Rodolfo Sanches Miguel likes this
Braedon Taylor November 3, 2022

AMAZING! Thanks for adding this feature! 

Pamela Laurie November 3, 2022

Ahhhh!  I actually don't need this and now am having to go through hundreds of checklist items to change the reminder to "None" because it's defaulting to One Day and change the time to 6:00PM as it had been before because it's now defaulting to 9:57AM, weirdly.  Does anyone know a way to adjust the default reminder time and due date time?

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2022

@Pamela Laurie hey there! You might want to ping support on this one - i assume that the due date time change is unexpected behaviour? Although, i think defaulting to one day is probably expected as most folks have been begging for reminders on advanced checklist item due dates, so i think _that_ part was intentional. Definitely a bummer to go unset, but you could also remove yourself from the items if that is any faster? I'd personally love to see more automation options available with the advanced checklist due dates, and if those were available i could recommend some more things there but alas, baby steps!

Like # people like this
Amanda Mateo November 10, 2022

NEW here and just want to thank you for the screen shots and breakdown - it really helped me to figure out where to find my items 

Anna Nathason November 23, 2022

This is great! I would love to have the Advanced Checklists feature in Jira as well. Is there a way to integrate/pull the checklist from Trello to a specific ticket in Jira?
We recently trialed the Multiple Checklist app from the marketplace and it worked well for our needs but was not cost-effective so we switched back to using sub-tasks.

Jeffrey Spitz Cohan December 15, 2022

Do checklist items, when there is a due date, appear in calendar view?

Like Marius Hammer likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2022

@Jeffrey Spitz Cohan i believe they show up in calendar view on a specific board, but not in workspace calendar views

Like Jeffrey Spitz Cohan likes this
Bear Humphreys
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2023

It's not entirely clear to me here - is the time also available to be set, as well as the date?

Edit: Answer to my own question, yes it is... (I was trying to get an answer before subscribing to Standard, but went for it anyway in hope!)

Cailin Heinze January 30, 2023

Love the advanced checklists and notifications!

I'm having issues with changing the due dates on checklist items, though. I click on the item due date, unclick the "due date" if I want no date or select a new date --> click "save" but nothing changes! When I look back at the checklist it has the same due date as before. And some due dates seem to be changing automatically when I change a due date on another card. Note that I use the same checklists on multiple cards, so maybe they are linked and that is causing the issue? If so, would love ideas on how to make a "clean" reusable checklist for different occasions! THX! 

Like Carol Lage likes this
Hannah Weston March 1, 2023

Such as great addition!

Have run a few tests to make sure the notifications on check lists are working and unfortunately when i've  assigned contact and due date to a checklist item the notification isn't received. Any ideas? 

Rafael Martins de Castro April 6, 2023

It seems to me that Advanced Checklists on Trello Standard have now been deprecated and that they are only available to Trello Premium users. Can anyone confirm that?

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2023

@Rafael Martins de Castro according to the pricing page, they're still part of Trello Standard. https://trello.com/pricing

If you can confirm the board you're not able to see advanced checklists on is part of a standard workspace, might want to reach out to the support team.

Ryan Gilchrist
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 13, 2023

How can you see a list of team members with assigned checklist items?  I can't seem to find a clean answer anywhere - and without this feature it's impossible to keep on top of assignments.  Seeing my own assigned items in the home view works well, but as a project manager to keep on top of everyone else's on 1 board or multiple boards would require me to click onto each card!   nightmare!  Help?

Like Jared Salvatore likes this
Jared Salvatore
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 7, 2024

Hello -

When assigned to a checklist item, is there a way for that Trello card to show up in the My Cards section…? I was trying on mobile. But the card only shows if you’re also a member of the card. But it seems like it would make sense that when you’re assigned to a checklist item that you’re technically a member of the card so that it shows up under your tasks/my cards. 

thanks!

- Jared 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events