Error: Need admin approval

david_mikula February 3, 2021

I have a user that is receiving the following error message when trying to access a JIRA project:

"Atlassian needs permission to access resources in your organization that only an admin can grant. Please ask an admin to grant permission to this app before you can use it."

The user has been added as an "Admin" to the project. All other users are able to access the project without issue. 

3 answers

1 vote
Parvathy Manishanker davey April 12, 2021

I have admin access and linked confluence to Teams. I am able to access the confluence pages I linked on teams. But my other team members are not able to access the confluence page that i set it up from Teams. Getting this below error. Can anyone help how to fix this so that my team members can access the confluence page from MS teams?

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-12 at 2.12.54 PM.jpeg

0 votes
Parvathy Manishanker Davey April 12, 2021

Any answers for this error?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2021

The original question was about an admin asking to use Atlassian access, and then not granting it access because they didn't really want to use it.

The simple answer is to not try to use Access and just log in as normal.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021

It's asking for full admin, not just project.  What app is it?

This is for JIRA cloud free. 

Also, my account only has project admin and I don't receive the error message. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2021

Ok, not the Jira application, but the actual app asking for permission?

It appears to be "Atlassian id.atlassian.com"

Atlassian

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2021

That's Atlassian access then.  You'll need to grant it access if you want to use it.

We don't want to use Atlassian Access. Also, why are no other team members shown this error if it's trying to use Atlassian Access? 

Like AS likes this
AS February 9, 2021

I am receiving the same error when attempting to log in to confluence and jira via the cloud app. 

Parvathy Manishanker davey May 28, 2021

The issue seems to be fixed when admin approved in the app level. Thank all for your reply.

flavio-alberti November 16, 2021

Hi @Parvathy Manishanker davey ,

I have the same issue when a standard user is trying to access the <organisation>.atlassina.net page using the SSO.

Could you tell where the admin should approve the app? In the atlassian administration page or in Microsoft? 

thanks

Parvathy Manishanker Davey January 31, 2022

@flavio-alberti In microsoft. That worked for me. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events