What are issues in Jira?

New to Jira? Learn the basics about issues, the building blocks of any Jira Cloud project.

Looking for more learning and training resources?

20 comments

Rihanna Kashani October 15, 2020

Hello daer friends, My name is Rihanna. I would love to know more about the features here.

Like # people like this
Marshall Walker Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2020

@Rihanna Kashani Hello and welcome. I recommend you check out Atlassian University's free Learn Jira Basics course. It's 73 mins long and it provides a lot of detail about the features and how they're used: https://training.atlassian.com/jira-basics

Like # people like this
vampyren October 17, 2020

@Marshall Walker Lee  are the videos updated to reflect the 100 changes made to Jira/Confluence? 

I spent hours yesterday on a simple things like these and finally see that they are pretty much removed. Guidelines are old and outdated for allot of the content. If you guys move fast and change you need to change the documentation too. Not as fun for the devs but as a big company and many corps users this is a must. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Adding-instructional-text-to-templates/qaq-p/804870

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Could-not-find-Panel-macro/qaq-p/1069392

Like # people like this
Marshall Walker Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2020

Thank you for the feedback @vampyren

I hear you loud and clear. I will pass your concerns on to the appropriate Atlassians. 

Like # people like this
vampyren October 31, 2020

Thank you @Marshall Walker Lee 

Like Rajesh Viswanathan likes this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2020

Cool~Very helpful for newbies!

Anil vaidik November 25, 2020

THANKS

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2020

Thanks 

Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2020

nice quick content

James Torvaney December 7, 2020

@Marshall Walker Lee All the documentation on the site seems to be either written for absolute beginners (eg. 'what is an issue') or written in developer speak that makes no sense to a non-dev person like me. I have a few specific questions that I have spent hours trying to find the answers for with no luck.

Is there no way to speak to Jira support to get some answers? It is all incredibly frustrating and a massive waste of my time trying to figure everything out through trial and error when it could be answered in a 10 minute call.

Like # people like this
Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2020

Hi @James Torvaney

what are your questions? I’m sure we will help where we can. 

Thanks,

Danny

Marshall Walker Lee
Atlassian Team
December 15, 2020

James, I'm sorry that you've been feeling frustrated. Would you mind sharing one or two questions to help me understand how Atlassian can do a better job supporting you? Thanks!

Khushlen Kandhari March 11, 2021

Easy to understand and learn. Thanks for sharing. 

Like # people like this
Shad April 5, 2021

Is it possible to re-label "issue" as "work-item" or just "item"? It would make a lot more sense considering the fact that it is really an item that we deal with in Jira... whether it is a user story, Epic, new feature or an issue or defect.

I don't understand this 'emotional attachment' to the term 'issue'. It may have been relevant when jira started but it's about time Atlassian should change it for the common good. 

Like # people like this
Rahul Bhansali September 11, 2021

@Marshall Walker Lee, thanks for your post . I am new to the world of Jira as transitioning from a Sales Manager to role of a Business Analyst and hence have been using the platform since a while. Can you plz help me understand the different products under Atlassian's umbrella and when it'd be the best scene to use them like Jira v Jira Service Management v Jira Align , as well as Jira v Confluence v Trello ?

Thanks

Like Marshall Walker Lee likes this
Marshall Walker Lee
Atlassian Team
September 16, 2021

@Rahul Bhansali Trello and Confluence are collaboration tools. Confluence allows you to create, organize, and share documents. Trello allows you to collaborate visually using boards and cards. Jira on the other hand is a tool for planning and tracking work projects in detail. It allows you to build, automate, and observe a wide variety of workflows. If you want to learn more about Jira or Confluence, check out the free Fundamentals collections on Atlassian University: https://university.atlassian.com/student/path/815443-jira-fundamentals

Rajesh Viswanathan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2021

Easy to understand and learn issue types and its creation . Thanks for sharing. 

Like Abubakar Umar Lawan likes this
Abubakar Umar Lawan January 30, 2022

Hello everybody. my name is Abubakar Umar Lawan. I want to know about jira software and how to use the Software? Thank you all

Like Marshall Walker Lee likes this
Marshall Walker Lee
Atlassian Team
January 31, 2022

@Abubakar Umar Lawan you should take the free Jira Fundamentals course on Atlassian University. 

Rajesh Viswanathan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2023

there is lot of documents in our community please use it , if still any topics not covered let us know so that we can start creating the same 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events