Showing status of a sub-task in Jira Dashboard

Jamshaid
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2021

I am working on creating a Filter where I can see the following things

- Key (Parent Issue)

- Summary

- Sub-Task

- Status of Sub-Task

I have completed the 1st three using the Filter-Results card but unable to get the status of Sub-Tasks. Is there any workaround for that? Thanks
Is there any way I could show each sub-task in a different line with all the properties defined above? Thanks

Fzle8KD

1 answer

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

Hi @Jamshaid ,

When you edit the filter gadget, can you see the section where you can add the 'status' to the table?

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.34.57 PM.png

Jamshaid
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2021

@Carlos Garcia NavarroThanks for your reply.  Yeah, I can see that edit section. If I add the status field, It shows the status of the issue itself. I want to show the status of the Sub-Task.

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

Ah, I see... like a second level of indirection. I don't think this functionality exists. Would it work to include the subtasks as part o the query results?

Jamshaid
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2021

I have already implemented that part in my query as you can see in the below query.

(issue in subTaskStatus("To Do") OR issue in subTaskStatus("IN PROGRESS")) AND project = DevOps AND type = Story

Is there any plugin available for this?

Jamshaid
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2021

@Carlos Garcia NavarroAny suggestions for this?

Is there any way I could show each sub-task in a different line with all the properties defined above?

Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 10, 2021

Hi @Jamshaid 

If you would be interested in a ready made solution, You may want to try out our plugin,

Agile Tools : Epic Tree & Time in Status 

You can get all the issue hierarchy, made either through Issue Linking or through standard Jira hierarchy (Epic->Story -> SubTask),  and their progress based on time tracking and worklogs.

Along with this you also get Multiple Time in Status reports to track your issues.

Links Hierarchy.png

Epic Hierarchy.PNG

Jamshaid
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2021

@Rahul_RVS_SupportI will try it and will let you know if need any help.

Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 10, 2021

Thanks @Jamshaid 

Please do write to us at -> support@rvsoftwares.in 

for any help needed

Jamshaid
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2021

@Rahul_RVS_SupportIt is working for now. I will go for the plugin if we have had a final discussion about this with the company. Thanks a lot. It works great

Suggest an answer