Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Community Round-up: April 2024

Hello Everyone!

It’s that time once again to take a look at everything that has happened in the past month! From major events, to product announcements, to amazing people providing great tips & best practices to help the Community, I guarantee there is something here for everyone. Let’s get started!

Announcements & Highlights:

As always, there are a TON of amazing things happening and here is just a small sample of all the great things you don’t want to miss out on!

• First up, we have some Community updates. At the beginning of the month, we have some new updates to the “Ask a Question“ experience with a streamlined product selection and a new informational banner.

• Next, at the halfway mark, there is a new events menu item so you can find out what’s happening virtually or near you easier. Also, the Jira Core Server and Team Managed Projects collections have been consolidated into the Jira Software collection.

• Do you love collecting Kudos badges? Of course you do! There’s a new one to add to your profile. All you have to do is like this article to earn the launchpad badge! There’s also some other great announcements you should check out while you are there.

• Have you heard of the Atlassian Creators Program? Maybe you have seen some of their posts on LinkedIn or other social media platforms? Applications to join the Creators program have opened up again. If you are interested, be sure to get your application in today!

• Speaking of the Atlassian Creators, A number of them have created short videos with tutorials on using Atlassian Intelligence. This hot topic is likely to be big at Team '24, have you had a chance to use it yet? Check out these videos to see how you might take advantage of it!

• Team ‘24 is live and happening right now!  @Darryl Lee has once again put together a fantastic grid view of every session and when it’s happening. The best part, it’s posted this publicly for everyone to take advantage of. If you want an easier way to look at what’s happening and when, be sure to check this out!

• A little self promotion, I have been posting tips for surviving Team '24 in every Welcome Wednesday of April. I highly recommend you check them out for tips on making the most out of your Team '24 experience!

• Won’t be able to make it to Team ‘24 in person? I’m sorry I would be able to see you here, but make sure you have registered for the digital experience. There are a number of sessions that will be provided virtually including the keynotes which you won’t want to miss. The best part, it’s completely free!

• Do you know how to link Jira Product Discovery with the rest of your delivery cycle process? If you missed the live webinar, you should checkout this recording. Additionally, the article highlights a number of the great questions asked with the answers provided.

• @Summer_Hogan has a wonderful advice piece on adapting to change. I think this is advice that beginners and veterans alike can benefit from so be sure to give it a read.

• Finally, we have a great set of tips from @Josh Costella that will help you with your Agile implementation. Be sure to check them out!

New Features & Product Updates:

Want to keep up to date on all the cool things Atlassian has announced about their products? Be sure to read through these, then go check out all the others for your favorite product!

• First, you now how the option to bulk change Confluence page owners. Did someone leave the company recently? Well now you can search for all of their pages and quickly and easily change them to the new page owner.

• Mission Control, which is your Confluence Admin panel, now has some new insights that you can use to help take your users usage and activity on your Confluence pages. You can now see what the most popular searches are and the click through %. More importantly, this is just the beginning of more analytics to be delivered in the future. Be sure to check it out.

• Confluence Whiteboards have dark mode! Do I need to say anything more? I love dark mode and Confluence Whiteboards has been a fantastic whiteboarding tool in the bits I have been using it. Go check it out!

• I wrote an article a while back and Atlassian Intelligence was something I called out as a feature I would love to see in the Confluence Mobile app. Well, someone at Atlassian either saw that and listened, or was thinking the same thing as I was. I already love the Confluence Mobile app and the ability to publish content on the go, Atlassian Intelligence will now allow you to be more efficient as well!

• We have heard a lot about migrating to the cloud during the lead up to end of life for the server products. Now, Atlassian is working on making it easier for you to transfer data from one Cloud site to another. If this is something you are interested in, be sure to read the details of what is available now in this article.

• Who’s checked out Jira Product Discovery? There’s now an early access for an enhanced Timeline view available. Now might be the time to check it out. The free plan allows you to have up to three creators, go check it out!

• There’s a new way for you to look at issues in your Jira Software projects. For those of you who prefer to different perspective to view and work on your issues, you might want to check this out. Easy filtering, grouping issues and the ability to expend and collapse all issues. Be sure to read the article for details.

• Have you had a chance to start using Compass yet? A new feature was just added to the GitHub app that will allow you to automatically create Compass components as you add repositories to your GitHub Organization. Be sure to read the article for details.

• A number of changes are coming to pull request and merge checks, this article is a link to Atlassian’s blog post with more details. I recommend Bitbucket users check this out.

• I’ve saved the one I’m most excited about for last. For all of you out there (like me) who have been waiting for Jira Cloud to finally get a feature Data Center has had for what feels like ages. Priority Schemes are rolling out to all Cloud sites! If you don’t have them yet, please be patient a little longer, they are on their way!

Trending discussions you should join:

Want to join in on some trending discussions? Be sure to check these out!

Questions left out in the cold:

Why not lend a hand to another fellow Community Member and try answering some of these questions!

Automation Corner:

Looking for inspiration to optimize your processes? Check out some of the cool things people are doing with automation!

It’s hard to believe another month has already come and gone. Please be sure to stay healthy, stay safe and I’ll see you back here next month.

Take care!

5 comments

Comment

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2024

Great roundup as always, @Jimmy Seddon 

Great Job Thumbs Up GIF by Windows
Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2024

I have literally watched your Monthly Round Ups in Trains, Planes (this moment!) and Automobiles. I've also probably listened to the audio while on a bike. I may need to put on my inline skates for the May Recap!

Like Barbara Szczesniak likes this
Teodora V
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2024

When you are deep into Team '24 and still excel. Great job putting this together @Jimmy Seddon!  

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2024

Great roundup @Jimmy Seddon and thanks for the shoutout! 

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Alex G May 16, 2024

Thank you for the roundup @Jimmy Seddon!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events