Community release notes for April 15th, 2024

2024-total-solar-eclipse-time-lapse-composite-v0-8fl6vje6rhuc1.jpeg

Eclipse photo composite courtesy of photographer: @Matthew Horbacz 

Hello friends, welcome to another edition of Community Release Notes. If you were in the path of the eclipse, congratulations on surviving three and half minutes (average) of totality! It was a little spooky but what an experience. If you snapped any cool shots, or have a neat story about the day share them with us in a reply. :slight_smile:

On April 1st we had a bit of fun with the Too Many Trees badge. You all contributed to chopping 3,483 trees!

note: no real-life trees were harmed during this event

New

YOU love events, WE love events, now you can find ALL the events in the top navigation. Links to Live Learning, Local meetups, and Community-led Conferences are all in the drop-down. Don’t forget you can earn badges from registering and/or attending most events!

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 3.17.34 PM.png

Updated

Jira Core Server and Team Managed Projects collections were all consolidated into Jira Software. Confluence Cloud was consolidated into Confluence. If you have an old link, you will notice it redirects to Jira Software or Confluence now. All of the content from these collections were migrated into Jira Software or Confluence as well. If you had a link saved, it will automagically redirect you to where it lives currently. Special shout-out to the folks in #community-cleanup-crew for their help with these updates!

Let us know if you have any questions on the release this week! We always appreciate hearing your feedback.

5 comments

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2024

@Janice, I believe you meant "Jira Core Server, Jira Cloud, and Team Managed Projects" - right?

Like # people like this
Janice
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 16, 2024

@Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ Thank you for pointing out I lumped the Confluence Cloud consolidation in with the Jira products in that sentence. I've restructured the information to clarify Confluence Cloud was consolidated with Confluence, not Jira. >.<

Like # people like this
Matthew Horbacz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 16, 2024

@Janice Hey, that's my solar eclipse image! I'm flattered you liked it so much! Is it possible for you to credit me in this post

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Janice
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 17, 2024

Of course, this is so cool! I'd love to know more about how you captured these shots if you'd like to share @Matthew Horbacz 

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Matthew Horbacz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 17, 2024

@Janice thank you! And I would love to share the process! I traveled to Dallas Texas to view the eclipse. The morning was SUPER cloudy, but by the time totality arrived, the sky was clear! I took multiple exposures using a Nikon D7000 camera. The central image of totality is the result of stacking multiple exposures together, ranging from 1/8000 seconds to ~.75 seconds. Then I adjusted everything in Photoshop to make the composite time lapse!

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events