Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Mobile - My New Best Friend

I have discovered that inspiration can strike at any moment. Being able to jot something down in the moment can be extremely beneficial especially when you get to my age and develop an etch-a-sketch brain.

However, there are other times when I'm simply waiting on something/someone else and I have a bit more time to draft something (much like this article). I have discovered my love for Confluence's mobile app which offers a good rich text editing experience. I thought I'd use this opportunity to highlight some of the things I believe it excels at, and a couple of areas I feel there is room for improvement.

What do I enjoy?

• There is a very easy to navigate menu for finding spaces and pages.

• Starting to edit an existing page or creating a new one is also very easy

• All of the formatting on this page was done exclusively in the mobile app:

• I did this to show the range of formatting that was possible.

What would I love to see?

• First and foremost, Templates!

• A number of things I draft are based on reoccurring weekly posts and having to try and cut and paste between pages is less than ideal from mobile.

• Ability to re-order pages

• As I mentioned, a number of things are draft concepts for things like a weekly podcast I make notes for. It would be great to be able to pick the order on the go instead of having to wait until I get home.

• Atlassian Intelligence!

• With Atlassian Intelligence recently having moved to GA having it available to help me construct this article would have been fabulous.

Overall, I love having the Confluence mobile app! I don’t know that I would be nearly as productive without it, and in fact, I made the effort to ONLY use the Confluence mobile app to write this article. If you haven’t tried it, I'd recommend going to your app store of choice and giving it a shot!

5 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2024

@Jimmy Seddon I share your love, and your yearnings, for the Confluence Mobile App. I used to use it daily on my commute to catch up with the latest pages added to our site. Sadly the feed changed about a year ago and no longer shows all activity, only 'Popular' activity. I still use it to peruse what is going on, but the value is somewhat lessened by not seeing EVERYTHING.

Since reading this article I have reignited my usage, particularly in my Dev environment where I have been experimenting with some posts and ideas.

Thanks for taking the time to etch-a-sketch this post!

Kevin Tran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2024

Hi @Jimmy Seddon / @Andy Gladstone  -

I am part of the Confluence Mobile team and this was extremely helpful reading your feedback on our mobile app. We are currently conducting some research to: 1) better understand any app feedback and gaps (this page was a great starting point for that) and 2) to better understand what it takes to enable the Confluence apps for organizations (e.g. security concerns). Let me know if either of you would be interested in chatting with our team! You can reach me at ktran3@atlassian.com if so.

Thanks,

Kevin

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2024

Hey @Kevin Tran!

Spoiler alert, the Community round up that will be released next week gives your team kudos for the announcement of the inclusion of Atlassian Intelligence in Confluence Mobile.

I was planning to stop by the Confluence booth next week at Team '24 to chat.  Any chance you are going to be there?

Either way, I'll send you a message when I get back as I'm always happy to chat and share my thoughts and feedback.

Thanks!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2024

@Kevin Tran same as Jimmy, would love to have a conversation at Team '24 or after. Let us know if you'll be there and if so, where we can find you.

Like Kevin Tran likes this
Kevin Tran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2024

@Jimmy Seddon / @Andy Gladstone - Great to hear from the both of you! Unfortunately, I will not be at TEAM but let's connect the week after once you're back. Feel free to reach out to me via e-mail and we can schedule something. Have fun at TEAM!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events