Bulk Update Multiple JIRA Filter/Issues inserted in a Confluence Page table

Ashutosh Mohanty June 7, 2021

I have a Table, which has Dates in the column and Issue topics in the Rows.

For each cells we have a JIRA search query which is inserted as a JIRA Filter. This JIRA filter queries and displays the number of tickets matched. 

Now, the task is to update the dates of JIRA query everyday and insert in the new Date column. In the JIRA search query only the Date is changed. 

In the present scenario, we have to open individual JIRA Filter, edit the search query, then insert it. 

Is there any way to Bulk update this task ?1 JIRA Filter Display.PNG2. Individual date change.PNG

2 answers

3 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2021

Hi @Ashutosh Mohanty ,

If you use the Jira Issues macro on your Confluence pages to display your Jira data, we can suggest trying our app - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence. The app is suitable for all hostings: Cloud, Server and DC.

The concept is that you wrap the Jira Issues macro with a general JQL query (for example, to show all the issues related to this or that project) into our macros such as Table Filter, Pivot Table, etc. (directly for Server/DC or via the Table Toolbox macro for Cloud) and filter/aggregate your data by dates, assignees, etc.

Here is an example of some popular use cases among our customers and here is a short 2-minute video example. Please check them and you may also book a live demo from our team.

Ashutosh Mohanty June 7, 2021

Thanks @Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ for your answer. I will try the solution you suggested.

1 vote
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2021

Hi @Ashutosh Mohanty 

Welcome to the Commmunity!

One option here would be to use the 'StartofDay()' time period, then add a new column to the left each day with tickets from the day before.  I've outlined what I mean below:

Today you would have one column with 'StartofDay()' in the filter

Tomorrow. you would add a column to the left with 'StartofDay(-1)'

This way, each column would update automatically and you'd just need to change your dates at the top.

Hope that helps,

Liam

Ashutosh Mohanty June 14, 2021

Hi @Liam Green ,

Thanks for your suggestion. 
I will try out your advice, hope that solves it !

Is StartOfDay() a jira filter query function that returns the current date ?

My Jira filter query is somewhat like this : 

status != Cancel AND summary ~ store-inventory_consumer_group_api AND labels = Production AND Markets in (Singapore, Australia, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand) AND "Platform/System(ACPF)" = "ACPF StoreInventory" AND created >= 2021-06-10 AND created <= 2021-06-11 AND reporter in (eva.aism)

Now, for the entire column for a day, this query will be same with some modifications other than the date parameter. 

Everyday, i have to copy the filter from previous day and paste in the new date-column and update the date parameter individually for the entire column again.

created >= 2021-06-11 AND created <= 2021-06-12

My aim, is to use any function where i don't have to edit the dates everyday, and it would take automatically using any built-in function. 

Thanks.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2021

Hi @Ashutosh Mohanty 

This article will show you the different advanced functions.

If you're adding data every day then you will need to edit it daily - if you just wanted 5 columns to show the last 5 days, for example, then you could use StartofDay(-1) to show yesterday, continue that to use up to StartofDay(-5) and the data in each column will change daily.

Like Ashutosh Mohanty likes this

Suggest an answer