Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I export the test cases with their test steps and comments from JIRA. Edited

Hello,

In JIRA I have a project created with multiple test cases which in turn have multiple test steps.

So my question is how can I export the test cases with their test steps and comments from JIRA.  Also would like to know if there is a way I can export multiple test cases with their respective test steps and comments from JIRA.

The current export functionality which is available in JIRA does not provide test steps, and just provides all the test cases created within a project selected.

If I try to export the test case directly I get the options of MS Word, XML and printable.

Kindly provide a solution of a way in which i can get it done.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Zephyr test steps are Jira issues extended with Zephyr-specific concepts like test steps, execution and such.

You can export all these using the Better PDF Exporter for Jira Cloud app. It supports everything you mentioned (incl. comments) for one or more tests (result of a JQL query e.g.):

See this sample document and give it a try.

(Discl: I am developer working on this paid cloud app.)

jira-zephyr-test-steps

Hi 

Iam using Xray, Is there any way to export to PDF Xray issue, test case, test case execution and activity too

Are you on Server/DataCenter? In that case, you can do that with the dedicated Xray template for Better PDF Exporter.

Browse Xray PDF export examples here!

If you are on Jira Cloud, then please vote (click "thumbs-up") for the feature request here:
https://midori.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009430920-Support-for-Xray-test-data

jira-xray-manual-test-with-test-runs.png

Hi @Varatharajan_B-ext 

Xray has its own exporting feature called Document Generator.

Here is the documentation for both versions: Xray Server and Xray Cloud.

If you need further help, please contact the Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com).

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Hi

I am using JIra cloud. Yes i know we hvae document generator but my requirement is

Export to PDF Xray related activity, Test case, Test Execution + Results + Activity section also.

Like Levente Szabo _Midori_ likes this

Hi Josin,

To answer your question above, you must let us know what test management add-on are you using in JIRA.

Regards,

Cheney

Hi Cheney,

I am using Zephyr for JIRA Cloud.

You can find Zephyr support contact information from the page: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.thed.zephyr.je/cloud/support

I am using JIra cloud. Yes i know we hvae document generator but my requirement is

Export to PDF Xray related activity, Test case, Test Execution + Results + Activity section also.

@Varatharajan_B-ext you can export all that information, except for the Activity which is not yet possible to export.

It is however necessary that you design the template, to extract the information.

All the necessary code to get that information can be found in the Xray Documentation.

Pls help me to get the Xray history and retrive activity section in test execution

I need Jira Expression code for Xray history

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

ThinkTilt is joining the Atlassian Family!

This morning, Atlassian announced the acquisition of ThinkTilt , the maker of ProForma, a no-code/low code form builder with 700+ customers worldwide. ThinkTilt helps IT empower any team in their or...

467 views 20 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you