Start here: Atlassian Community 101

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2018

Editor's note: This page has been updated as of February 24, 2022.

To help you get acclimated, we've rounded up the most important information from around the community. If you want the most succinct version, check out our required reading post.

Can't find what you're looking for? Email communitymanagers@atlassian.com, and we'll point you in the right direction!

Making changes to your Community account

If you have any questions about your display name, duplicate accounts or changing your email address, please visit this thread.

Asking questions

Wondering why it says "I'm new here" next to your name? Or how about the best ways to follow the content you care most about? All of that is covered in our handy FAQ page. In addition, if you're wondering how to write the type of question that's more likely to get a response, check out Thomas Schlegel's post.

Navigating the space

This thread highlights how to go from dipping your toe in here to making the community an integral part of your day — with opportunities to learn, network and grow your career.

Participating in the community

We've outlined some guardrails that help define what it means to be a good citizen of the community — long story short: be nice and participate often. (smile)

Following content

Your experience here will be much more rewarding if you're watching the topics and threads that matter most to you. Check out our list of best practices, which outlines how best to personalize your feed and manage notifications. Pro tip: Some of our most noteworthy tags are community-release-notes (what's new and/or updated around here), friday-fun (ease into the weekend by answering prompts from fellow members) and miscellaneous-monday (random topics to jump-start your week).

Keeping tags in check

Tags help organize content into buckets, but if they go unchecked, can become unwieldy and counterproductive. Read how a group of Leaders helped reduce the number of tags from 20,000 to 5,200, and how you can help us win the war of the tags.

Writing articles

While article writing used to be limited to Atlassian team members and Community Leaders, we've now opened it up to other active contributors! Another helpful resource for writing articles or posts is our voice and tone guide.

Earning badges

We call them happy little circles, other people call them badges. Either way, you collect them through your activity on the community, and, well, you've gotta catch 'em all.

Accessing the developer community

We have a separate space for folks who build on Atlassian products, designed to cater to the specific needs of the developer. Here's a quick overview, and here's a welcome thread.

Attending virtual events

Virtual events open up a world of learning possibilities — with geography no longer a barrier, you can attend events that interest you based on topic. See all upcoming events here.

Joining the Community Leaders program

Our most knowledgable and enthusiastic Community members have the opportunity to join our Community Leaders program, a group of volunteer experts who dedicate time to answering questions, writing articles, hosting events, or all of the above! In exchange for their efforts, they receive free vouchers for certification exams, access to our internal teams, swag, and much more.

Get to know one of them in their own words here. To learn more, check out the application page.

Participating as a partner or vendor

Partners and vendors play an important role in the Atlassian Community. If you are one, we just ask that you be super explicit about it and be as helpful as possible without being overly promotional. Dig into a few more details on the guidelines page.

85 comments

Comment

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2018

Great guide for new users, love this group!

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2018

@Meg Holbrook Thanks, Meg! More details to come. 😄

Like # people like this
Matt Comer August 25, 2020

Hello World!

Like # people like this
SAHIL SAHIL March 4, 2021

HELLO HI MY NAME IS HAHIL 

TEL ME ABOUT YOU

Like # people like this
Anne Marie Ramos March 10, 2021

Hello Good Morning! 

Looking forward to working with the community!

- Anne Marie 

Like # people like this
olowolayemo john March 20, 2021

looking forward to work perfectly with the community

Like # people like this
Ezhil Kalaiselvan April 11, 2021

Hello All!

Looking forward to know things better!

Like # people like this
md rubel hossen April 15, 2021

hello all members 

Like # people like this
Mohd Azhar Shah Nor Azmi Shah June 1, 2021

Hi Everyone

Like # people like this
omsmith June 1, 2021

Hello 

Like # people like this
Udit Tandon August 29, 2021

hello

Like # people like this
Jan Zamirowski September 1, 2021

Hello 7S team :)

Like # people like this
Zuber Khan September 30, 2022

Hello

Like # people like this
Catherine Zuniga November 17, 2022

Howdy!

Like Craig Nodwell likes this
Cornel Lyatuu December 17, 2022

New to Atlassian! Hope to learn a lot from the lot in here.

Like # people like this
Maksym Skrypniuk January 31, 2023

My name is Maksym..

Nice to meet you.

Like # people like this
Jose Herrera March 3, 2023

Hello everyone,
my name is Jose.
I want to learn about Atlassian products

Javon Jack May 10, 2023

Hi,

I'm glad to see you.

ITS MAHAKAL July 15, 2023

hi 

ADEBAYO AKIN-ADERIBIGBE July 24, 2023

So excited to be here

Mdmiza Khan September 3, 2023

I want to know about it I am new 

Eric Fields October 8, 2018

Hello, I am a new user who is looking forward to learning and sharing with you all. I'm systems admin by training and new to Jira; so, I'm excited to embrace and learn as much as I possibly can. All feedback is welcome!

Like # people like this
Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2018

Hi @Eric Fields!

Welcome to the Community!  We're super happy to have you here :D

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2018

We're so pumped you're here, @Eric Fields! Be sure to check out the rest of the threads here in the Welcome Center, the Jira collection and maybe even show us the view from your office. 😎

Like # people like this
Eric Fields October 12, 2018

Hi Erica! Thank you so much!

Like # people like this
Eric Fields October 15, 2018

Kimberly Deal, I have no idea how I missed your welcome (I'm blaming my cell...my eyes are just fine!):( So sorry and Thank you!

Like # people like this
Carl Petrou February 25, 2020

Welcome :-) 

Like # people like this
Ezhil Kalaiselvan April 12, 2021

Nice

Like # people like this
younes chouchelamane April 14, 2021

HI I SHEAR A TEAMMATES

Like # people like this
Gabrielle G May 11, 2021

Hey

Like # people like this
abhay mishra May 15, 2021

i want some work because i dont have miney in my family

Like # people like this
Carol Jones October 15, 2018

Love this guide.  I didn't realize there were added benefits to being a Community Champion outside of the badge and recognition title.  So nice!

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2018

@Carol Jones We think it's a pretty cool gig, but we're biased. 😄

Like # people like this
Ghita Bouzoubaa September 10, 2019

hi everyone,

Can someone tell me how to print JIRa CARD From a currient Sprint backlog?

thank you for you help

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2019

@Ghita Bouzoubaa Hello and welcome! I recommend you create a new question for this in the Jira collection, where you can get the best possible answers. 😄

Like # people like this
Jennifer Oskierko May 12, 2020

Hello all.  New here and look forward to learning more.

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2020

@Jennifer Oskierko Welcome, welcome! Be sure to check out any product collections that interest you, as well as threads like Friday Fun. 😄

Like # people like this
Marco Palmero May 20, 2020

Hi! The old posts have been valuable. To Level 9 and beyond!

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2020

@Marco Palmero Welcome, welcome!

Like # people like this
Abderrahman BENCHADDA October 29, 2020

Salutation, je suis un nouvel utilisateur

je vous souhait bonne chances

Like # people like this
Hans Kristjansen December 3, 2020

Good introduction

Like # people like this
Marc Bowers December 4, 2020

Hello, I am a new member who is looking forward to learning. I'm a program manager, but new to Jira studied under Lean Sigma; hope to hear from you

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 15, 2021

Welcome @Marc Bowers! happy to have you here :)

Like # people like this
Marc Bowers January 15, 2021

thank you

Like # people like this
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2021

Thank you @Erica Moss for sharing this information. 

Like # people like this
Deleted user February 10, 2021

Hi Everyone

Like # people like this
HASSAN MALIK April 12, 2021

hey sweet

Like # people like this
Ezhil Kalaiselvan April 12, 2021

Hello..

Like # people like this
Mars 2030 February 10, 2021

Hello Earthlings, Greetings from Mars!

Like # people like this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 3, 2022

Nive to have you here

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

This is a must read for all new community members!

Like # people like this
Roy Urbina March 2, 2021

Thank you.

Like # people like this
c_ruizni March 3, 2021

Hello, 

I am looking for documentation and best practices on how to integrate Jira and Slack into Confluence and improve their performance.

Thank you

Cesar

Like # people like this
Rahul Negandhi March 12, 2021

Hello,

Recently we have migrated Jira to cloud and need help to configure X-ray in Jira.

When i used to login to Jira before, i used to see dropdown for Tests, where i could search test plan, test sets, run xray report. But this Tests dropdown is not visible when jira is migrated to cloud. Could you please help.

Attached is the screenshot of what i need to see on cloud.

Jira Tests.png

Like # people like this
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2021

Hi @Rahul Negandhi 

The Cloud architecture does not allow change the top navigation bar, so Xray cannot add this feature in Cloud, so it is only available in Server.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Like # people like this
Mike March 23, 2021

Hello to the World!

Like # people like this
Kinny Sendrijas March 23, 2021

Hello Im new here.

Like # people like this
Sudeepa March 26, 2021

Hi everyone, nice to meet all of you. Hope to work in collaboration with all of you. ☺☺

Like # people like this
Mua Ly March 29, 2021

Hi, I am new here.

Like # people like this
Mua Ly March 29, 2021

Our company is new to Atlassian and we will go live on April 8th.  We have so many questions regarding modify the ticket system to match our needs. Can anyone help?

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2021

Hi @Mua Ly , If you have gone thru the docs and setup projects and still have so many questions, given the impending deadline of April 8th, you might be best served looking to an Atlassian Partner in your area to facilitate. The Community is a great place for Q&A but these are generally presented one question at a time. if you do have some specific questions I would suggest:

1. entering your question into the Search bar and see if you get a close fit
  2. if #1 doesn't help then click on "Ask the community" and post your question.
Like # people like this
Jimboy Albero March 31, 2021

I'm jimboy albero from taguig city Phillipines thanks to accepting me to group 

Like # people like this
Rinchen Sangmo April 8, 2021

hello every one 

i am new user and i dont know how to use it so anyone who know about this website plz teach me

Like # people like this
Stephen Edache Paul February 3, 2022

Visit https://university.atlassian.com to learn more and get certified.

Like # people like this
Paym Gadry April 11, 2021

Hi everyone , I am project manager , glad to be a new member of the Community , looking forward to learn and work more with community 

Like # people like this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2021

Great article! Thanks for sharing!

Like # people like this
Benjamin Kabuya April 18, 2021

Hi everyone. my name is Ben. thank you for having me

Like # people like this
Veronique DUFOUR April 20, 2021

Continue to do posts like this one!

Like # people like this
darryl deparis May 1, 2021

hey, i just join the group and i would like some help with my business thank you~

Like Viktoriya Borisova likes this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2021

Welcome! What do you need @darryl deparis ? Are you currently using Atlassian products?

Like # people like this
Gary May 3, 2021

hello, i have also just signed up to atlassian. i am stoked that it is an australian company. the reason i signed up is because i would like to use it to become a mortgage broker. would be great to get a better understanding of your products and how it could fit with writing loans and becoming a broker. the 3 main aspects to the business is marketing, sales and service. in the marketing side of things i need a qay to track lead conversion. in sales i was leaning toward salesforce unless you had a better option for a crm? and for service i was looking for a system that helps organise long lists of things that need to get organised.

Like # people like this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2022

Hi Gary, if you'd like to explore, there are some free trainings here: https://university.atlassian.com/student/catalog/list?category_ids=21734-free-training

Like # people like this
Oluwaseye Onikeku July 31, 2022

Hello everyone. I am Joel. I am new on this platform. I believe the platform will enable me learn more on jira and get to meet other professionals as well.

Like # people like this
Sakina
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2022

thanks for the guide

areese April 30, 2023

This is useful. Thanks.

Tanya Tagieff May 16, 2023

New user and I am excited to learn about how I can use Jira to make my work life more enjoyable and productive.

Like # people like this
Immortal Melvyn M. Lusterio May 29, 2023

Welcome, Tanya, enjoy!

Samuel Alade July 2, 2023

New user here i want to learn on how i can make money with jira. I need someone to teach me . Am a graphic designer 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events