Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Articles: Everything you need to know

articleswriting.png

Why you should start writing Articles

You've joined the Community to uplevel your knowledge of Atlassian products. You've done just that by asking/answering Questions, participating in Discussions, and reading Articles. The next step is to document your advancement by starting your own blog on the Atlassian Community. Do this and you will have an archive of musings, learnings, and takeaways––a written timeline of your progress. 

Atlassian Articles offer authors another unique advantage––feedback from the largest group of Atlassian users in the entire world. When you write an Article, you can expect input from our Community full of experts, Atlassians, and likeminded users alike who are equipped and eager to help. 

Who can write articles?

To seed the Community with high-quality Articles, we limited permissions to Atlassians + Community Leaders to start. Now that we have a baseline for Article standards (and a whole lot of inspiring content) we're ready to diversify the types of authors we have contributing to the Atlassian Community. If you're not sure if you have Article writing permissions or not, click the "Create" button to see if you see an Article option alongside "Ask a Question" and "Start a Discussion." 

How do I get access to Article writing? 

Ask and you shall receive! Enter your idea for an article by filling out this form. Have an idea but want more guidance? Reach out to me directly: I'm bsauer@atlassian.com. 

What to do once you have the correct Article writing permissions

Congrats! You're well on your way to becoming an Atlassian author. Now, when you click "create" in the Community, you will now see the option to create an article in addition to creating a discussion or asking a question. As you may know, articles are more blog-like content and can be used for sharing best practicesuse cases, or tips and tricks with our community. Now that you have such power, how will you use it? Here are just a few prompts you could run with to publish your first ever article:

• Personal How do you use Atlassian products outside of work? 
  • Professional Describe a project that you're proud of, and how you used Atlassian products to make it happen
  • Industry What industry do you work in? What innovations in your workflow set you or your company apart from others in the same industry? 

deliveringcontent.png

If you have a draft ready and would like an editing eye, let me know! Have a question or want to brainstorm article ideas? Respond in the comments below! I'd love to chat. (smile)

3 comments

Comment

Michele Lim [Cprime] September 21, 2018

Thanks for opening article permissions to the public Bridget! It's been great contributing to and reading all the awesome Atlassian articles :) 

Like Marcos Villasanti likes this
Artem Danylkov February 25, 2020

Hi @Bridget , thanks for this usefull article!

Please let us know can vendors write articles about their released or updated  add-ons?

Like in this case https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Take-control-of-product-versions-with-Jira-Introducing-Releases/ba-p/1297310?

Thanks in advance

Artem

Like Bridget likes this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 25, 2020
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events