It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

You may have visited your profile and seen a tab called badges. (If not, click on your avatar and View profile > Badges will get you there.)  But what do the happy little circles mean, and how do you earn them?

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 3.48.06 PM.png

Levels

Atlassian Community allows you to work your way up by earning Level badges.  How do you earn these levels?

Level 0: This is your starter badge for joining the Atlassian Community. It's a freebie!

Level 1: Like something. That's it!

Level 2: Post three times

Level 3: Log in multiple times, like content, start at least one discussion, and participate in discussions

Level 4: Same as Level 3, but more

Level 5: Same as Level 4, but more, and also receive likes from others

Level 6: Same as Level 5, but more, and also provide at least one accepted solution

Level 7: Same as Level 6, but more

Level 8: Same as Level 7, but more, and also write at least one article

Level 9: There is no Level 9. OR IS THERE?

itsamystery.png

Community badges

Welcome badge: How to earn your Welcome badge

Friday Funmaker: Sign up to post a Friday fun thread

Fri-yay!: Participate in at least 10 Friday fun threads

Group Hug: Join at least three groups and participate in at least one over time

Answerer: Answer two questions

Rising Star: Get accepted answers and kudos from the community

Community award-winner: See our last group of winners for the type of things we reward!

Other challenge badges are announced using the monthly-badge-challenge tag.

...and more will be added!

Series badges

We have a number of badge series for activities like providing accepted answers, receiving likes from others, creating discussions, and writing articles.

Only certain user roles are able to write articles. However, you too can become one of our Awesome Authors by reaching Level 5 on community! 

The end

If you have questions about any of these badges, or suggestions for what you'd like to see us release next, we're eager to hear from you in the comments!

304 comments

Danny Zuccaro Community Leader Feb 16, 2018

Must discover level 9!

Like # people like this

@Danny Zuccaro I don't know what you're talking about. Who ever said anything about level 9? 😉

Like # people like this
Thomas Deiler Community Leader Feb 17, 2018

[Lvl 3 Necromancer] I am wondering, which spells are unlocked the next levels ... 

Thanks for adding RPG elements. I would appreciate having more of them. ;)

Like # people like this

The Jack (not @Jack) of all trades badge/quest: accepted answers in every product collection.

Like # people like this

Time to hunt the badges!

Like # people like this

Go @Timothy go! :) 

@Daniel Eads {unmonitored account} I definitely want to have badges that are specific to product collections -- trying to figure out how to automate that now. I like the Jack badge. :) It would have to be Jack/Jill of all trades, of course 😉

Like # people like this
LeKisha Boswell Community Leader Feb 23, 2018

This is awesome - I earned three levels without trying ;) Ready to conquer!

Like # people like this
Like # people like this

No good until they go up to 11

(Please some one stop me from watching documentaries)

Like # people like this

Let's hunt some badges! :D

Like # people like this

This may be of interest to those following this thread: our first monthly challenge badge.

Like # people like this

Is this new stackoverflow?

Like # people like this

Hopefully one day soon I will manage to get the Welcome badge :)

Like # people like this

Time to start collecting :-)

Like Akila Palanivelu likes this
Omar Herrera Community Leader Mar 06, 2018

Excellent idea keeps us motivated by collecting badges!

Like # people like this

I earned only three badges by now but I'm afraid I got addicted ;-)

@Marc Dvorschak my favorite kind of addiction ;) 

Time to start collecting :D

Like # people like this

Welcome, @Andrea Mendez, you're just in time for March Madness! :)

Today I got an email reading "Congratulations! You earned the Level 1 badge".  It had a badge icon, but really no other information.

I like the Gamification concept, but in the spirit of general (hopefully useful?) feedback: modify this email message. I was at a loss as to what that email meant, or what I had done. A quick Google search found this article, but other users may not be as inclined to google reasons they got an email, as I am.  Even including a link to this page in the email would be helpful, to give the reader some insight.

Like # people like this

Thanks @JP Seabury -- I completely agree! I've requested to add some explanatory text to the badge page itself (since right now it's just a list of badges but unclear how you can earn them or what they mean) but it's a great idea to add it to the email also. Thanks for the great idea and feedback, and welcome to the community :) 

Like # people like this

@Monique van den Berg one additional question, how can you earn the AUG member badge by the way? Haven't been able so far :)

Like LinkJennyderyaulug likes this

@Max Foerster {Decadis AG} we have to assign that one manually. I just assigned it to you! Working with AUG teams over the next few months to make this process more smooth :) 

Like LinkJennyderyaulug likes this

@Monique van den Berg thank you a lot for fixing that for me :) and have a great weekend!

Like # people like this

Comment

Community showcase
Published in Feedback & Announcements

Marketplace App Review badge is now live!

If you are one of the thousands of users of a Marketplace app, then you’ll love t his month’s community badge ! All you’ll need to do to receive Novembers challenge badge is leave 2 helpful reviews o...

924 views 28 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you