How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

You may have visited your profile and seen a tab called badges. (If not, click on your avatar and View profile > Badges will get you there.)  But what do the happy little circles mean, and how do you earn them?

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 3.48.06 PM.png

Levels

Atlassian Community allows you to work your way up by earning Level badges.  How do you earn these levels?

Level 1: Like something. That's it!

Level 2: Post three times

Level 3: Log in multiple times, like content, start at least one discussion, and participate in discussions

Level 4: Same as Level 3, but more

Level 5: Same as Level 4, but more, and also receive likes from others

Level 6: Same as Level 5, but more, and also provide at least one accepted solution

Level 7: Same as Level 6, but more

Level 8: Same as Level 7, but more, and also write at least one article

Level 9: There is no Level 9. OR IS THERE?

itsamystery.png

Community badges

Welcome badge: How to earn your Welcome badge

Friday funmaker: Sign up to post a Friday fun thread

Community award-winner: See our last group of winners for the type of things we reward!

Monthly challenge badges will be announced using the monthly-challenge-badge tag.

...and more will be added over time!

Series badges

We have a number of badge series for activities like providing accepted answers, receiving likes from others, creating discussions, and writing articles.

Note: Currently, only certain user roles are able to write articles. However, this may change in the future -- once you achieve a certain community level, you may be eligible for article-writing permissions.

The end

If you have questions about any of these badges, or suggestions for what you'd like to see us release next, we're eager to hear from you in the comments!

124 comments

Danny Zuccaro Community Champion Feb 16, 2018

Must discover level 9!

@Danny Zuccaro I don't know what you're talking about. Who ever said anything about level 9? 😉

Thomas Deiler Community Champion Feb 17, 2018

[Lvl 3 Necromancer] I am wondering, which spells are unlocked the next levels ... 

Thanks for adding RPG elements. I would appreciate having more of them. ;)

Daniel Eads Community Champion Feb 17, 2018

The Jack (not @Jack Brickey) of all trades badge/quest: accepted answers in every product collection.

Time to hunt the badges!

Go @Timothy go! :) 

@Daniel Eads I definitely want to have badges that are specific to product collections -- trying to figure out how to automate that now. I like the Jack badge. :) It would have to be Jack/Jill of all trades, of course 😉

This is awesome - I earned three levels without trying ;) Ready to conquer!

No good until they go up to 11

(Please some one stop me from watching documentaries)

Let's hunt some badges! :D

This may be of interest to those following this thread: our first monthly challenge badge.

Is this new stackoverflow?

Hopefully one day soon I will manage to get the Welcome badge :)

Sebastien Jacques Community Champion Mar 05, 2018

Time to start collecting :-)

Omar Herrera Community Champion Mar 06, 2018

Excellent idea keeps us motivated by collecting badges!

I earned only three badges by now but I'm afraid I got addicted ;-)

@Marc Dvorschak my favorite kind of addiction ;) 

Time to start collecting :D

Welcome, @Andrea Mendez, you're just in time for March Madness! :)

Today I got an email reading "Congratulations! You earned the Level 1 badge".  It had a badge icon, but really no other information.

I like the Gamification concept, but in the spirit of general (hopefully useful?) feedback: modify this email message. I was at a loss as to what that email meant, or what I had done. A quick Google search found this article, but other users may not be as inclined to google reasons they got an email, as I am.  Even including a link to this page in the email would be helpful, to give the reader some insight.

Thanks @JP Seabury -- I completely agree! I've requested to add some explanatory text to the badge page itself (since right now it's just a list of badges but unclear how you can earn them or what they mean) but it's a great idea to add it to the email also. Thanks for the great idea and feedback, and welcome to the community :) 

@Monique van den Berg one additional question, how can you earn the AUG member badge by the way? Haven't been able so far :)

@Max Foerster [Decadis AG] we have to assign that one manually. I just assigned it to you! Working with AUG teams over the next few months to make this process more smooth :) 

@Monique van den Berg thank you a lot for fixing that for me :) and have a great weekend!

Comment

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Feedback & Announcements

August 2018 Community Awards

I'm so excited that it's time for another round of Community Content Awards! I really love the opportunity to recognize some of the awesome Community Champions and community members who are...

1,300 views 28 27
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you