How to import test case, test steps and acceptance criteria from excel to zephyr

Deb Keene January 14, 2019

We are on jira cloud. I need the ability to import data currently housed in an excel file and get it to Zephyr.  The excel file has headings in cells A1, B1, C1, D1, etc  It lists the test case - in cell A2, then in B2, B3,B4, etc lists the test steps and then in C2, C3, C4, etc lists the acceptance criteria.  How can I load that data into Jira so we do not have to manually cut the information out of excel and paste in zephyr?

3 answers

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2019

Hello,

The only thing, which is supported now is to migrate test cases. You can do it with the Import Utility.

Kindly read this thread:

https://support.getzephyr.com/hc/en-us/articles/204550179-How-do-I-import-test-cases-into-Zephyr-for-JIRA-Cloud-

0 votes
Muhammad March 5, 2019

Hi,

Save the file in the .csv file. 

Select Test , from the top menu of Zephyr. 

Select importer

Select project, link type , issue type, link- the issue should be assigned , file type -excel, browse - .csv file and retrieve mapping, discriminator by sheet or test case name change, starting row - always greater than 1.

Now do the data mapping by dragging the field from right to left on the field mapping area. and select import. 

The .csv file should be imported into the Zephyr plugin and populate all the relevant field. 

I don't think so that only admin can do, any user can do it unless restricted. 

0 votes
AshiniIshanka January 16, 2019

Hi,

You can upload the test cases to JIRA  Zephyr using the Zephyr for JIRA Importer Utility 

Download the zfj-importer-utility-0.38.jar

Open the zfj-importer-utility-0.38.jar

Enter the JIRA URL in Url field

Enter Username & Password

Click connect button

Select the Project & Issue Type (Test)

Select The discriminator type as 'By Test case name change'

Prepare the Test case excel with relevant test cases (Column A: Test Name,Column B:Test Step,Column C :Test Result)

Enter the excel column names as A.B,C,D in Zepht Testcase Importer

Click on Pick Import file & Start import 

The message should return as TestCaseFileName.xls imported successfully

Check the uploaded test cases in selected project Backlog

Swetha Singari April 25, 2019

Hello Ashini,

I tried and was able to successfully create the test cases, but the test steps, data and result did not import. They are just blank. Any suggestions ?

Like Punit Agrawal likes this
AshiniIshanka June 20, 2019

Hi Swetha Singari ,

Please create your excel file as below.

Capture.PNG

Then select the below fields in the importer. Then you successfully get uploaded the test case to your backlog.

Capture.PNG

shikha Goswami June 3, 2021

@AshiniIshanka hy can u plz help me out how can i import test cases to jira with test steps and result.it will be a great help for me

Punit Agrawal September 16, 2022

I tried the above steps and got the message as "Test Case_Jira.xlsx imported successfully..! " but when I am checking the test case is jira I am not able to find it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events