Automatically create a new record in salesforce upon jira association on parent record

Reshma Ankaiah
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 8, 2024

Is it possible to create a new record( on new related table) in Salesforce upon associating an account record with Jira ticket using Jira connector?

2 answers

1 vote
Dhiren Notani_Exalate_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2024

Hi @Reshma Ankaiah ,

Thanks for posting your question here!

I am Dhiren, one of the Solutions Engineer working at Exalate.

For syncing Jira Issues with Salesforce records in realtime, I would recommend you to try out a completely decentralized and bi-directional integration solution like Exalate.

It provides you an access to it's Groovy based Scripting Engine through which you can choose what information you want to share, map the fields of your choice including custom fields and it's very flexible as well.

We do provide a customized demo based on your use-case and also provide a 30 day free trial to evaluate the product.

Let me know if you are still looking for this integration and we can connect further on this.

Thanks, Dhiren 

0 votes
Josh_Unito
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 23, 2024

@Reshma Ankaiah Yes, you can connect Salesforce and Jira with a third-party app. If you prefer the idea of a no-code tool (so you don't have to write script) here's a guide on how to sync Salesforce objects with Jira issues using Unito's 2-way integration.

In about 15 minutes, you can set up a flow that automatically creates new records in Salesforce linked to specific Jira issues. Then, any manual changes you make on either end will update the other automatically.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events