JIRA Filter Issue for "Created Date" field

Dnyaneshwar_Borase March 21, 2018

Hello Team,

When a JIRA issue is created it puts the “Created”  in minutes and hours  as shown in the below image.

This causes the Filter not to work as in the Filter you give a date range. The Date Range must consider all the defects created even today.

Filter by using Created Date Filed.jpg

There is a timer field in the GUI, as shown below, but my issue is when I select the date range which includes the 21th March it MUST consider the issues created even today.

Please let me know what is the reason behind this:

Thanks!

1 answer

3 votes
Deleted user March 22, 2018

Hi @Dnyaneshwar_Borase,

Unfortunately, I cannot corroborate this however I believe when a system date/time field has only the date set the default time is set to 00:00. Thus creating your problem. 

To get around this may I suggest if the date range must always incorporate today rather than the 21st March 2018, I would set the first date value and leave the second value blank. 

Let me know if I have misunderstood your question.

created >= 2018-02-28

Hope this helps  

NT March 22, 2018

@Dnyaneshwar_Boraseyou are right I also had the same issue.

For now you can use below work around .

1. Select the date range.

2. Switch to Advance jql query mode by clicking on Advance link next to search field.

3. Now replace the "<="  operate with "<" 

4. And then enter next day's date like below. Below query will get you issues created on today's date as well.

created >= "2018-03-21 " AND created < "2018-03-23"

Like # people like this
NT March 22, 2018

@Dnyaneshwar_BorasePlease accept my answer and vote up if this resolves your issue.

Dnyaneshwar_Borase March 22, 2018

@[deleted]it works!

Thanks for the help... :)

@NTI don't want to create filter, only by using existing functionality of Issue navigator. Thanks!

Windson Lins January 31, 2019

@NT Why just the equal "=" [date] won't work? Why a workaround for something that should be so simple?

Like # people like this
Scott Paden April 12, 2019

Seriously, this is very awkward and time consuming.

Why can't I just type: project = MyProj and createdDate = "2019/03/12" ?

Like # people like this
Richard Vencu February 9, 2022

I suppose there is the time part in the field value and issues are not all created at midnight

Like Peter Kirwan likes this

Suggest an answer