Adding Links to other dashboards or hyperlinks

Susana Leon Gomez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 25, 2022

Can we add in a dashboard of JIRA a Link to other dashboards or JIRA pages, additionally is it possible to add links to documents or material outside JIRA in a gadget in a JIRA dashboard? 

thanks

2 answers

2 votes
Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 14, 2022

Hi @Susana Leon Gomez 

It is true you can find some workarounds to achieve it, although sometimes it might be a pain...

If you're up for an add-on, our app Dashboard Hub for Jira and for Confluence offers a "Text" gadget that allows you to add hyperlinks and achieve what you're looking for. You can see an example of the "Text" gadget in this dashboard!

Screenshot 2022-06-14 at 15.49.50.png

Other features include +70 gadgets, pre-defined templates, external share, custom charts, different chart types, and more.

Hope it helps!

Iván García, Product Marketing Manager

2 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2022

Hi @Susana Leon Gomez - I've found the best way to handle custom links is this:

1. Leverage a custom issue type and use the description to capture whatever you want to capture
  2. Create a filter for that custom issue type
  3. Use the Filter Results gadget against the query created in step 2 above and only select the Description field
Andy Barbet September 28, 2022

This what was running through my head when trying to solve the problem.  Thank you for outlining how to do it - great solution with very little effort required.

Like Mark Segall likes this

Suggest an answer