Building a Thriving Atlassian Consulting Business: Part 1

This is a different kind of series. It’s part story and part strategy. My goal for this series is for you to leverage your existing skills, grow your network and influence, and create a thriving consulting business. So, relax, pour your favorite beverage and join me on this 12-year Atlassian journey.

image-20230401-002232.png image-20230401-002245.png image-20230401-014709.png

In this series:

Introduction

Have you ever wanted to be your own boss, use your Atlassian product expertise in new ways, or experience different environments and challenges? If you’ve considered starting your own consulting business or side gig, I hope to inspire you to take the first steps!

Here’s my story of transitioning from end user to administrator, published author, community leader, and trusted advisor. I started sharing my experiences and mistakes and then took my Atlassian skills on the road.  I left the corporate world to travel the United States in an RV while helping organizations choose, configure, maintain, and migrate their software. 

In this multi-part part series, I’ll share my consulting journey (so far!) and some tips to help you either take the first steps or take it to the next level.

Let’s go!

Part 2: Why This Topic?

4 comments

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2023

That's an exciting series! I am thrilled to read about your experience @Rachel Wright

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

The leader report pointed me here and this series seems to be just what I need, curious to see what it brings. No matter what, thank you for sharing your story!

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2023

Just finished chapters 1-9, and looking forward to the continuation. Really gave me a lot of food for thought as I make life and career decisions over the next few years. Thanks for putting this together.

Yamitanny September 29, 2023

Your journey sounds intriguing. I've ventured into consulting myself, and it's a rewarding path. Your blend of story and strategy makes it engaging. However, I would suggest you to secure your finances by using a proper bank account from https://www.businessfinanced.co.uk/startup-business-bank-accounts/. I am looking forward to following your series and gaining some valuable insights. Cheers to success!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events