Building a Thriving Atlassian Consulting Business: Part 7

Engage the Community

The next pivotal events in my journey were when I was given application admin permissions, when I attended my first Atlassian User Conference, and when I became an Atlassian Community Leader. I was slowly leaving web development behind to focus on Jira administration instead.

20161012_233046.jpg

At the Atlassian user conference, I marched right up to the Community desk, hoping to join the local user group in my area. When I learned there wasn’t one, I volunteered to start it. I formed my local chapter and grew it to 288 members. That’s a lot of friends and contacts that I didn’t have before! While I’m no longer running that specific group, I stay involved by speaking for other groups.

I highly recommend you get involved in the community so you can establish yourself and grow your network. Atlassian has a close-knit ecosystem that other industries only dream of.  It’s full of users, fellow independent consultants, solution partners, and Atlassian employees. It’s a great way to network with potential clients and partners, hear about new product features, share your expertise, and learn new things. Join your local user group or start one! And of course, the online community has millions of members.

I’m happy to be part of this community both personally and professionally.

Part 8: Stop Being Normal

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events