Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Community Round-up: January 2024

Hello Everyone!

It’s that time once again to take a look at everything that has happened in the past month! From major events, to product announcements, to amazing people providing great tips & best practices to help the Community, I guarantee there is something here for everyone. Let’s get started!

Announcements & Highlights:

As always, there are a TON of amazing things happening and here is just a small sample of all the great things you don’t want to miss out on!

New Features & Product Updates:

Want to keep up to date on all the cool things Atlassian has announced about their products? Be sure to read through these, then go check out all the others for your favorite product!

• First up, Jira Work Management offers some great new features, including: creating new fields from list view, more templates & a Monday.com importer. Check out the article for all the details.

• Next up, is an opportunity within Jira Product Discovery, to join the early access program for the new Stakeholder sharing experience. If you are using JPD, consider signing up today. If you aren’t now might be the time to give it a try.

• Staying within the Jira family, Jira Software now offers a new way to bulk update tickets from the backlog view of a board. This new, slick method will make it much easier and faster to change multiple tickets at once while performing sprint planning.

• Next, Team Managed projects has a new workflow editing experience. While I may not always be a fan of Team Managed projects, I’m a big fan of this new workflow editor. Go check it out in this article, I think you’re going to like it too!

• Next, if you are a power user of Advanced Roadmaps, I’m looking at you Jira Cloud Premium members. The product team for “Plans“ (the new name for Advanced Roadmaps) would like to speak with you about the future of this product. Are you interested in providing your feedback? Go to this article to sign up for a feedback session today.

• Continuing with Premium, did you know that there are now tons of features that you gain access to by being subscribed to premium? If you have been hesitant because you weren’t sure how much value you were gaining, go check out this article. It might change your mind.

• Next, Atlas is making it easier for you to keep everyone up to date by allowing you do post updates from Jira, Slack and Teams. Haven’t given Atlas a try yet? Why not start now?

• Jira Service Management Cloud is allowing you to expand further with support for 20K agents. As more teams outside of IT are starting to use JSM for their work intake the ability to support a larger number of agents is important. This article also details some number features for scaling with enterprise demand, go read about them here.

• Have you tried JSM Assets yet? If like me you have but, would like to be able to surface these on a Confluence page, I have great news for you. The ability to surface assets on a Confluence page is now in open beta! Atlassian is currently rolling out this open beta so if you don’t see it just yet, keep checking.

• Finally, Space Permissions in Confluence is getting a much needed look and feel update! Improved UX including separate tabs for users, groups, guests and anonymous access. Keep your eyes open for that one coming soon!

Trending discussions you should join:

Want to join in on some trending discussions? Be sure to check these out!

Questions left out in the cold:

Why not lend a hand to another fellow Community Member and try answering some of these questions!

Automation Corner:

Looking for inspiration to optimize your processes? Check out some of the cool things people are doing with automation!

It’s hard to believe another month has already come and gone. Please be sure to stay healthy, stay safe and I’ll see you back here next month.

Take care!

12 comments

Comment

Daria Kulikova_GitProtect_io_ February 1, 2024

Thanks for sharing 

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2024

Great round-up, and thanks for sharing my articles! 💜

Like # people like this
Khairul February 1, 2024

A big thanks for the invaluable monthly roundup! It brilliantly captures the month's highlights.Your dedication in gathering and presenting this information is truly commendable.

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2024

Thank you for the roundup and highlighting Teamwork Tuesday 💙✨

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro February 2, 2024

Fantastic, @Jimmy Seddon. Thank you so much! 😃

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2024

Thank you. I focus on Confluence, but was able to share the Jira bulk edit feature with my scrum master. He was very happy I shared.

Like # people like this
Dipaka Patra February 9, 2024

Thanks for sharing! Great insights about the product updates and new features.

Like # people like this
Caroline C Moretto
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 16, 2024

Thanks for sharing! Those were amazing topics to keep up to date! Well done! 🏅

Like # people like this
Annie February 20, 2024

Great! Thanks for sharing useful info 

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2024

Great round up @Jimmy Seddon 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Kevin Price February 23, 2024

Thanks for the links!

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 25, 2024

Give this man a medal! @Jimmy Seddon priceless monthly hub of information, as always 💙

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events