Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Access Program for the Stakeholders/Sharing experience

Update as of March 12th

Great news! We are excited to announce we are rolling out published views to all Jira Product Discovery customers who are on the Standard plan. If you don't see the Publish button on your views yet, don't worry, it's coming!

----------------------------------------------------------------

We are excited to announce the early access of a new collaboration capability in Jira Product Discovery! Customers part of the early access program can now publish a read-only Jira Product Discovery view with any person inside and outside their organization using their email address.

Use Cases

• Publish a view to make a team's roadmap available to your leadership of your company so they can self-serve on your roadmap without needing to learn Jira. 
  • Publish a view to save time for your product teams who spend countless hours answering questions from sales reps and CSMs about whether a deal-blocking capability is on the roadmap.
  • Publish a view to strengthen engagement from your customers, by publishing your roadmap to your top-tiered customers on what's coming in your product and talk to them to collect feedback on specific top-of-mind topics.

Workflow

• They can configure what to show in this view: pinned fields, comments, attachments.
  • Also, they can see a preview of a view they are about to publish as if they were the person receiving the link, to double check it's configured correctly.
  • Any person you publish a view to will be able to see only the content of this view in full screen, browse its ideas and fields.
  • Any person you publish a view to will not have access to any other views, ideas, fields or Jira menus in the Discovery project. 

Known Gaps

Published views are in an early state of development. As such, things may change and you may encounter problems or missing functionality.

Some of the gaps below are known and might be addressed according to customer feedback:

• Reactions are not available for some users (only available to enabled JIRA users)

• View comments are not available for some users (only available to enabled JIRA users)

• Idea creation and idea commenting is disabled in a published view

• Insights are not visible in a published view

• Some fields will not be visible to your audience in a published view (see below)

• Atlas fields

• Custom Formula (Roll-up, Weighted Score, Write your own)

• Delivery fields
    • (Number of) Linked issues

• (Number of) Insights

• You may experience issues when sharing a view which filters, or groups by one of the unsupported fields mentioned above.

We recommend that you always preview your view before making it available to your audience.

Thanks! 

Amina on behalf of the JPD PM team

22 comments

Comment

Mieke-Kora Mantsch January 8, 2024

Hi @Amina Bouabdallah ,

If I sign up for the beta version, this does not change the current view, does it? Would it be possible to get screenshots to get a first impression of the functionality?

Many thanks,
Mieke

Amina Bouabdallah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2024

hi @Mieke-Kora Mantsch thank you for reaching out ! 

I will be recording a video soon. TLDR: nothing is removed from your current experience, only a new capability. 

Best,

Amina

Like # people like this
Jerry O'Sullivan February 14, 2024

Hi @Amina Bouabdallah 

Any progress on this , we are evaluating products at the moment and this is a key feature for us. I signed up for the beta but heard nothing

Thanks

J

Like Amina Bouabdallah likes this
Gavin Steele February 21, 2024

Hi there, can you please clarify:

" publish a read-only Jira Product Discovery view with any person inside and outside their organization using their email address."

To view this read-only board, the user will need to create a FREE Jira account. Is that correct?

What is the expected behavior when we enter an email address here? That person will receive an email with instructions to signup?

In the app, you explain what they will not need, but not exactly what they will need:

"Share a link to this view with people outside your project. They don't need a Jira license or project access."

Like Stefan Krulj likes this
Stefan Krulj
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2024

Hi, I have also just signed up for the beta testing.
However, you asked in the form about subscription, but I don't see that as a requirement for beta testing, is it?

As a small startup of around 7 people in total at the moment, we didn't have a need to upgrade but would do so in a heartbeat if needed. Also as JPD's external sharing tools come closer matching those of competing product management tools, which have external feedback portals and the like.

I agree with your assessment of the planned features and current gaps (hopefully to be filled). However, in your last video, where you previewed this feature, also showed a rather unfriendly 'create account' process. This process excludes anyone outside your user's organization who is not fluent in English. I hope you reconsider the approach, which many in this PM tooling sphere have grappled with.

Raziman Dom - Ricksoft
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2024

hi @Mieke-Kora Mantsch thank you for reaching out ! 

I will be recording a video soon. TLDR: nothing is removed from your current experience, only a new capability. 

Best,

Amina

@Amina Bouabdallah  May I know if you have prepared the recording of the new capabilities? Could you please share it with us?

Like Jay Cameron likes this
Joshua Tucker March 7, 2024

Just signed up for the closed beta. It would be incredibly helpful giving our customers a stakeholder view. Eager to get access!

Ákos Botos March 12, 2024

Hi @Amina Bouabdallah and @Tanguy Crusson

If I get it right this feature is only available on the Standard and upcoming Premium plans, isn't it?

I was expecting to use it for some nonprofit community feature suggestions. I guess it is not going to happen. :(

Matt Peters March 12, 2024

Thanks @Amina Bouabdallah 

Is there an option that anyone with the link can view without the need to create an account or login? This is currently our biggest hurdle sharing views across the organisation and the need to 'train' stakeholders.

Cheers Matt

Like # people like this
David Nadri March 13, 2024

Hi @Amina Bouabdallah @Tanguy Crusson - when I 'Unpublish' a view, that view is still accessible via the link, even after the page is refreshed and some time elapses (in case there's a delay). 

Is there a way to deactivate the link shared with stakeholders? 

Tere Pile March 14, 2024

So i shared to my gmail worked great.

Kind of works w/Teams as a 'website'

Any chance this can be shared to a group mail or distribution list?

Like Rob Parrish likes this
Alex Spence
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2024

Hi @David Nadri and thanks for trying out Publish,

When you un-publish, the link becomes unavailable to all Stakeholders that you added who are not project members, instantly.

As a project member (Admin, Creator, Contributor) you can see the view at the link as a "Preview" - see button in the screenshot below. Project members can still see it, as they already have access to the project and all the views at any time.

Hopefully this helps. We will consider how to communicate this better from the Published screen itself

publish-preview.png

Like David Nadri likes this
Tere Pile March 15, 2024

Gap perhaps - the 'About this view' not visible when shared, you can click on it, but it indicates no description, yet there is one. JPD_Publish_Aboutthisview.png

Like Rob Parrish likes this
Rob Parrish March 16, 2024

I have the standard plan, but don't have access to the view yet. I know it says "it's coming", but is there any way to get a rough estimate on when the rollout will be complete?

We are trying to finish up an approach for sharing information for our broader company, and I would prefer to lean into this new approach instead of enabling a workaround for now.

Thanks!

Like Amina Bouabdallah likes this
Amina Bouabdallah
Atlassian Team
March 18, 2024

@Rob Parrish - we are targeting end of month/early next month for the full roll-out! 

Amina Bouabdallah
Atlassian Team
March 18, 2024

@Gavin Steele about "publish a read-only Jira Product Discovery view with any person inside and outside their organization using their email address.": if the user is outside your organization, they will need to create a free Jira account. 

About: "What is the expected behavior when we enter an email address here? That person will receive an email with instructions to signup?": you can copy and paste the link to the person in an email or Slack, that person will be taken along the sign up flow after they click.

In the app, you explain what they will not need, but not exactly what they will need:

About: "Share a link to this view with people outside your project. They don't need a Jira license or project access - what will users need?": they will need an email address if they are outside your organization, nothing if they are inside your organization.

Hope this helps!

Like Matt Peters likes this
Rick Genett
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 20, 2024

This was SOOOOO needed! Thank you! This just saved hours per month of screen caps, charts and slack questions from internal departments! 

Nadja Skriver Jørgensen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 20, 2024

Hi, 

Is it correctly understood that you cannot create a published view "to anyone in my org" without specifying email, group or name? 

Use case: I want to make the roadmap available to anyone in our org by sharing a link to the roadmap somewhere else, e.g. via some Teams channel with lots of people I don't know but that are all in my org. Thus, I don't know who will try to access it and hence I cannot specify any emails, names or groups (and I don't want to). 

It is however important that random people outside my org are not able to access the published view, even if they somehow get hold of a link. They must be logged in using an Atlassian account connected with my org. 

When I Publish a view and don't provide anything in the "Enter name, group or email address" field, copy the link using the "Copy link" button and share it with someone, they are not able to access the view. It says that they don't have access or that the link is no longer available and asks them to ensure that they're logged in with the correct Atlassian account (paraphrasing since the text they get is in Danish). 

I'm not sure whether I am doing something wrong or the use case I have is not supported. 

Tere Pile March 20, 2024

@Nadja Skriver Jørgensen  I may be stating the obvious but, when you say ..."available to anyone in our org...' are you referring to your xxx.atlassian.net (org) or your company as a whole.  If the later that may be why it seems to not work.  

I did test this on our side - selected visible to anyone in org, and shared link.  Tested w/someone who I can see in admin has an account but no products - and it worked (after they logged in obviously).  The teams integration I used weblink - seems to work but some find it difficult not sure why.  

Raziman Dom - Ricksoft
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2024

Hi @Amina Bouabdallah @Tanguy Crusson 

Access to the public roadmap seems to be different from our expectations. We thought we could share the link with anyone (As an anonymous user) without adding them to JPD.

We started using JPD in our development site (Site A) since the early access, and we are using a different site for our support (Site B).

As you know, JSM has a default group for customers: jira-servicemanagement-customers-[site-name]. It will be useful to use this group to grant view access to our JSM customers.

It has become a problem for us to automatically grant view access to our published roadmap to our customers because all new customers will be added to the default group in Site B, but our JPD is in Site A.

Question: Do you plan to introduce anonymous access?

Otherwise, it will be tedious work for us to move all our ideas to another site. Unless anyone has a better idea, please let me know.

Like # people like this
Marcel Thiesen March 26, 2024

So, with idea creation and idea commenting disabled in a published view, we need to find another way to get our colleagues from other departments involved in sharing their ideas and thoughts on how to improve and optimise our platform.

It would be great if this known issue could be resolved soon.
Cheers!

Tere Pile March 26, 2024

@Amina Bouabdallah a few questions from a site admin perspective w/sharing

* Will we have some ability to determine how many views are published

* plus 'how' its shared (org vs. includes emails)

* plus there are external emails, some means to 'see' these w/out having to go to each published view. 

This process you have created is similar to another tool, which is great for sharing, but in the other tool management is not simple and w/out this information using publish could become problematic if not managed.   

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events