Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Fun - Spin the Wheel

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2024

I've been home all week, sick with some of the kids. It got me thinking about what sick days looked like when I was a kid. It was an endless day of TV while curled up on the couch with a blanket.

Morning Shows like Live with Regis and Cathy Lee led into the mid-morning to afternoon game shows, which brought me to the most boring hour of the day - soap operas - while I waited for the afternoon cartoons to come on.

Nowadays its just binging Disney Plus for my daughter, she'll never know the boredom of trying to pick between Days of Our Lives, The Young and the Restless or General Hospital.

But the nostalgia brought me back to Bob Barker, Pat Sajak and the game shows of yesteryear. The entertainment value of just the dream of what I would do with a snowblower and jestski from the Showcase Showdown was enough to cheer me up!

So to recapture that moment and drag it out a bit longer, here is a Friday Fun gameshow themed post for you to wind down the week with.

Have you ever dreamed of being a contestant on a game show?

If you have...

You're the next contestant on the Wheel of Atlassian!!!

Here are the game rules

1. Spin the Wheel

2. See if you can identify the product from the logo
  3. Let us know in the comments these four things:
    1. What logo did you get (we'll be keeping score) 
    2. Were you able to successfully identify the product from the logo?
    3. Do you have any experience with that product? Share a story, tip or anecdote
    4. Let us know your favorite game show of all time!

8 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2024

I'll go first!

1. Statuspage
  2. Yes!
  3. Statuspage finally joined the Atlassian Admin experience in September 2022 - before that it required a seperate login to adminster than the rest of your Atlassian Sites.
  4.  Press Your Luck! Nothing like hearing an excited contestant screaming BIG BUCKS, BIG BUCKS, NO WHAMMIES!!!
Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2024

@Andy Gladstone I hope you feel better!  Great topic!

First, I'd like to say, that growing up I never watched the soap operas (well not exactly).  Early, afternoon was always the various court shows: The People's Court, Judge Joe Brown, Judge Mathis, and everyone's favorite, Judge Judy.  That was what I ended up watching leading into the cartoons.

Ok here we go:

1) I got the Jira Service Management logo

2) Yes!  I'm extremely familiar with that product.

3) Yes a lot!  I have been working through setting up Vendors as objects in an Assets Object Schema for our Ops team to use for licensing and renewals which has been an interesting learning experience.

4) This is a hard one and I'm going to go with a more obscure Canadian answer: Bumper Stumpers

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2024

@Jimmy Seddon I just watched an episode from 1987 on YouTube. I would have loved that show! 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2024

Right!?! I think it's a real hidden gem.

Like Summer.Hogan likes this
Janice
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 5, 2024

What logo did you get (we'll be keeping score) 

Confluence!

Were you able to successfully identify the product from the logo?

Yes, I feel like I live in Confluence as an Atlassian so this was probably the most intuitive one I could have landed on. >.<

Do you have any experience with that product? Share a story, tip or anecdote

I am becoming much more familiar with Confluence, having never used it prior to coming to Atlassian. A funny moment I had with Confluence was going to @Andy Gladstone with a whiteboard question I couldn't find an answer to (quickly) internally. 🤣

Let us know your favorite game show of all time!

Wipeout 🫣

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2024

@Janice I had never heard of Wipeout before (we don't have TV in the house). I just checked it out online and my initial thoughts are these are adult versions of the physical challanges from Nickelodean's Double Dare from when I was a kid.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2024

I love switching between Wipeout and Ninja Warrior :D

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2024

I guess I lose.  Got the thing that looks like the wifi logo.  I have no idea what it is. Of course I could cheat and look, but what fun is that.

I probably could have held my own at classic Jeopardy, but would fail miserably on today's version. 

I like the trivia games myself.  

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2024

@Dan Breyen no, you win. Honesty is the best policy. You got Statuspage. I'm also with you on Classic Jeopardy, I'm a much bigger fan of the older Alex Trebek days than the 2010s+ version. Although @Mark Cruth's version is my current favorite.

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2024

hahaha.  Fun!

1. Trello
  2. Yes!
  3. Been learning it on the side (we don't use it at my company) and I've most recently used it to manage an annual Christmas dinner party that I host, as well as manage a recent trip to Mexico.  Worked GREAT for what I needed!
  4.  TOUGH question.  I loved the Price is Right but Bob irritated me (don't everyone come at me with pitchforks...haha).   @Andy Gladstone BIG BUCKS, NO WHAMMIES literally made me laugh out loud. 😆  Press Your Luck was fun -- and even more entertaining to watch old episodes.  The Gong Show was weird but hilarious and The Dating Game was always entertaining.

Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2024

@Laurie Sciutti thanks for participating! We just upgraded our Trello to Premium so I am excited to put into practice a lot of what I have learned from @Brittany Joiner

Like # people like this
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2024

1. Confluence

2. I was able to

3. yuppers I do. 

4. Match Game '76 https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCnvmZ8KpyOrflbN7gBp_woxKrICu8Kbx

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2024

@Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM thanks for playing. That evens the score at the top of the leaderboard with 2 each for Confluence and Statuspage.

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2024

1. image.png

2. Nope, although now that I know what it is thanks to google, it makes sense. :-D 

3. We use GitLab, so no experience here with bitbucket yet!

4. Wheel of Fortune and The Price is Right are my favs!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2024

@Amanda Barber we're a GitHub (can i say that in here???) shop also, so I have no experience with BitBucket either other than owning some nice swag with the logo!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2024

I have used both the Server & Cloud versions of BitBucket.  IMHO, they are all very comparable since they are all backed by Git.

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2024

Great game @Andy Gladstone! I have never been a contestant on a game show, but I did go with one of my friends to the Price is Right so he could get on. Most people don't know this, but if you have 12 people or more in your group one person in your group will get automatically selected. 

1. Trello
  2. Yes, of course! 
  3. Yes, plenty of experience, One thing we use Trello for is for our retrospectives and it works great!
  4. The Price is Right and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire with Regis Philbin
Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2024

That's some hot insider information, @Summer_Hogan

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2024

OK. Glendale, CA is a (4) hour drive from The Venetian. I say we get 12 Community Members together and head out there after Team '24 so one of us can get picked!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events