How to close and resolve issues in the new Jira

Jason Carlin October 19, 2018

This is probably a ridiculous question but… I can't figure out how to close or resolve issues in the new Jira. There just doesn't seem to be a button for it when viewing an issue using the Kanban template. Help?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2018

Hello,

If you want to resolve or close an issue in a Kanban board, then you should just drag and drop this issue to the required column. Each column in a Kanban board is linked to a status in the issue workflow. Just choose the right column with the Resolved or Closed status and drag and drop the required issue there.

Jason Carlin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 20, 2018

So they always stay visible when I look at that board? Like.. dozens and hundreds of cards over time? Even the ones we decided to close instead of resolve?

Like Dami Olugbemi likes this
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2018

There are two ways to solve this problem:

1. The correct way. You should release issue in the Kanban board (Release button). After you release issues, these issues will not be visible in the board

2. You could change the JQL query defined for your board (project settings -> general). Add to your filter something like this

your JQL query and (status != Closed or (status = Closed and status changed to Closed before -2w))

It will hide all issues, which were closed more than 2 weeks ago.

Jason Carlin October 22, 2018

I don't see a release button

Like # people like this
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2018

Here it is:

Screenshot 2018-10-23 at 08.31.27.png

Jason Carlin October 23, 2018

Is that the Next-Gen Kanban template? That's what I'm trying to use. I don't seem to have that buttonScreen Shot 2018-10-23 at 1.29.24 PM.png

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2018

It is the next-gen project template. You can not release issues there. All issues in the most right column will disappear after 14 days. You can not change this behaviour. Only if you switch to the scrum board. Go to project settings -> features and enable the Sprints feature.

Like Brad Edmundson likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events