Atlassian Authors Awards

We created the Atlassian Authors program in 2019 to give more Community members the permissions to write Articles, along with the inspiration and tools to help them succeed.

Since then, the program has grown to 651 Authors who wrote 1,200 Articles and garnered 1.2 MILLION VIEWS! Members of the group also had the chance to swap writing tips and also share stories of what motivates them to write. The Atlassian Authors Group is a pretty special place! (If you are interested in joining the Atlassian Authors program, check out this post - we'd love to have you).

As part of the program, we ran a year-long content contest to celebrate the Authors who consistently contributed high-quality content over the year. And while we took some time every month to celebrate the monthly Leaderboard winners, the moment of truth for 2019 has finally arrived...

So without further ado, give it up for the incredible @Jodi LeBlancAtlassian Author of 2019! Jodi 

Author_oftheyear.png

Jodi's Top 5 Articles:

1. My Love of Trello Power-Ups
  2. My e-portfolio: using Trello to keep track of skills and experiences
  3. The S.T.O.P Board
  4. Master Packing List and Travel Tips
  5. Working Smarter (not Harder) with Trello

Jodi was not the only Author to consistently contribute Articles to the Community in 2019. Check out the overall top 5 Atlassian Authors of 2019: @Jodi LeBlanc@Kat Warner ,@Karolina Lasoń [Deviniti] ,@Gonchik Tsymzhitov and @John Almeida

top5.png

But outside of the monthly leaderboard, magic moments abounded. Every Atlassian Author deserves an award, but here are a few shout outs to celebrate some extra special moments:

Best-in-class Partner Author: @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ (Botron)

Teodora had a late start to 2019, but once she joined, was consistently on the Leaderboard, contributing high quality and highly enjoyable content. As an Atlassian Partner, Teodora strikes the perfect balance between informing the Community about her product and sharing valuable advice and experience. 

This Article says it best: Support request once, best friends forever: a customers journey of an app

Most conversations sparked: @Andy - PTC Redundant 

His Community username says it all. It's no surprise that "Fun Man" Andy Barker's Articles garnered the most comments in 2019. Writing content that other people want to interact with is an art form in and of itself, and Andy has that skill down. 

Here's just one example: Welcome to your first article/discussion! Fun Man Andy's Guide to writing on the Community

Best Community mentor: @_Fabian A. Lopez 

Fabian Lopez - the man, the myth, the legend. Some know him as a Community Leader, host of Atlassian Community Events, Atlassian Partner, friend, mentor, the list goes on. Fabian leads by example in everything he does, Atlassian Authors program included. 

This Article (part of a 4 part series) speaks for itself: The User's Community: Your Hidden Treasure and Best Ally

Kudos Queen: @Kat Warner

This award is the equivalent of class President! You can find Kat on any given day contributing high-quality content to the Community AND spreading joy with her abundance of positive comments. Kat has made connections with many other Atlassian Authors, forging friendships and working relationships. It's no wonder that she received the most kudos of any Author in 2019. Congrats, Kat! 

Hard to pick just one of her Articles to highlight: Building a career with Atlassian knowledge

Most spirited: @Thomas Schlegel

It's hard to put into words just how much Thomas contributes to the Atlassian Community. Aside from sharing his love of board games, he also shares his expansive knowledge of the Atlassian suite. Furthermore, every year he infuses our Community with Holiday cheer, creating an Article that he contributes to every day from December 1st until Christmas. 

Check out this year's post: 2019 Holiday Countdown

Last but not least, enjoy the top 10 Articles (by performance) in 2019

1. Jodi LeBlanc, My Love of Trello Power-Ups

2. @PJ Wysota6 (plus 1) ways to make friends with Your Confluence

3. Jodi LeBlanc My e-portfolio: using Trello to keep track of skills and experiences

4. @Devon Henderson3 Butler commands to kick-start automation in your Trello workflow

5. Fabian A. Lopez, New To Confluence? Here are some tips to help with your first steps.

6. @Sebastian BrudzińskiTop 7 problems in your Jira issues that seriously reduce your team’s effectiveness

7. @Yuri KudinEfficient Release Management of Microservices Based Solution

8. @Andrew Makar6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

9. Kat Warner, Like the content of Confluence, our knowledge is never complete

10. @Ignacio PulgarHow to get to the next level in workflow design

Again, thank you to ALL the Atlassian Authors who made this program a success in 2019. I'm looking forward to celebrating many more of you in 2020! Say congrats to this year's winners in the comments below, and also give shoutouts to your favorite Articles from this year. (I know I have a ton more to highlight!)

As always, can't wait to see what you write in 2020,

Bridget 

20 comments

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2020

Congrats, Authors! I'm sure you made many workdays much easier and efficient with your helpful and valuable content.

Wishing you all productive 2020 🎉

Like # people like this
Miles B.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2020

Congrats everybody! Thank you for all your dedicated time and thoughtful submissions—you not only help Atlassian get better, but are invaluable to our customers as well!

Here's to a great 2019 and even better 2020 :) 

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2020

giphy

What else is there to say about this group of humans?! Y'all have created an insane amount of momentum for the Atlassian Community, and it's been a joy to watch. @Jodi LeBlanc, keep shining bright! 🌟

Like # people like this
Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2020

@Jodi LeBlanc  Congratulations and thanks for dedicating time to share your experience with us, the Atlassian Community Members.

@Bridget Sauer and Atlassian Community Team, thanks a lot for the kind words, it is a pleasure to share our experience and help others on their Community journey.

for the whole Atlassian Community: Have a great and successful 2020! - 

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2020

giphy

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2020

Wow I am truly honored, thank you from the bottom of my heart ❤️ A massive thanks to you @Bridget for spearheading the "Atlassian Authors" initiative and keeping us engaged and eager to contribute each month - I can hardly believe that it has been a year already! It just goes to show that time flies when you are having fun 😃 A huge congrats to all the Atlassian Authors, it's been a fantastic year and I loved reading your articles and connecting with you via the AA group 💙

Like # people like this
Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 17, 2020

Congratulations to everyone and especially @Karolina Lasoń [Deviniti]! Now pass the baton like I did :)

Like # people like this
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2020

Thank you @Bridget  for your kind words. And congratulations to all the great writers! Well deserved, everyone! 

It’s a pleasure being a part of this and I‘m already thinking about this year‘s calendar article. Just ten months left...  ;-). If you have any suggestions, let me know  :-)

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 17, 2020

Yay!

But the real question is ... in June @Bridget mentioned prizes for the monthly top 5 ... should I be reporting lost emails? :P

Like # people like this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2020

Congratulations to everyone !

Like # people like this
Karan Verma January 18, 2020

Congrats authors @Jodi LeBlanc 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2020

Congrats @Jodi LeBlanc I can't think of anyone more deserving of this award.  Also congrats to all the other authors mentioned in this post.  You have all provided very inspirational and motivational content throughout the year that has help me try to do better myself!

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2020

Thanks for your kind words @Jimmy Seddon - means so much :)

Like # people like this
Veera
Atlassian Team
January 19, 2020

Congrats @Jodi LeBlanc and others!

Like # people like this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2020

Congratulations to everyone! Just wow! 😃

Like # people like this
Darline Auguste
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 21, 2020

Congratulations everyone - well deserved!! 

Like # people like this
Partha Mandayam January 29, 2020

Congratulations everybody!!! What's the prize?

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Leslie Lee February 5, 2020

Congratulations, @Jodi LeBlanc !!

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2020

Thanks @Leslie Lee ! ♡ 

Like Bridget likes this
shahrinisaruji March 7, 2020

Hello I done know about this I have Ballance here

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events