Become an Atlassian Author

Note: Check out this update on the Atlassian Authors group!
Authors.png
Hello, Atlassian Community! I'm Bridget, and I manage content for the Atlassian Community team. I'm here to update you on the new Atlassian Authors program which is aimed at supporting current Article writers and attracting brand new ones. Members of the program belong to a private Group where they can draw inspiration from monthly prompts, keep up with the points leaderboard, and read tips for general writing improvement.
Upon signup, Atlassian Community members can create content in two forms: Discussions and Questions. We intentionally limit the third content type, Articles, to a select group of people so that new members can get accustomed to Community mechanics before expanding their contributions.

Articles not only provide a platform for members to share their expertise with the wider Community, but they also boost their Author's reputation, both socially and professionally. The Atlassian Community is an excellent place to build a library of work for the benefit of your readers and for your career. Authors have the added advantage of working directly with members of the Atlassian Product teams, giving them exclusive insight into upcoming campaigns and focus areas. 

If you are interested in becoming an Atlassian Author, please apply here. If you have questions about writing Articles on the Atlassian Community, ask them in the comments below or send me an email anytime to bsauer@atlassian.com.

Can't wait to read what you write next!
Bridget

24 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Partha Mandayam April 2, 2019

Are there any monetary incentives?

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 2, 2019

@Partha Mandayam we do give swag to top 5 monthly contributors, but having fun free stuff is a secondary reward for most Authors behind the feel-good nature of shared knowledge ;). 

Like # people like this
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2020

@Bridget  I have filled that form please have a look. I already wrote my stuff in my doc file and waiting for the article submission option :)

Like # people like this
Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2021

Hi @Bridget I was an author with my work ID and am no longer at that company.  Can I get Author permission from my personal ID here?  I have sent a request from the apply here tab.  and FYI this was my first article, I believe the next one will be better too :)   https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Jira-Customization-to-the-Next-Level/ba-p/995739

Best,

Robert

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 22, 2021

@Robert Nadon , granted! 

Like robert.nadon likes this
robert.nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2021

@Bridget the article we are writing has two authors is there anyway to put two names on it?

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

Here's one of my recent article  posted during the team 2021

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
April 28, 2021

@robert.nadon I'd recommend choosing one account to post from, but be sure to tag the co-author in the first sentence! Alternatively, I can publish the article from my account and tag you both? Let me know how I can help!

Like # people like this
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2021

Hi @Bridget, I would love to become an author. 🙋 I just applied for the group. Can't wait to write my first article.

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
July 26, 2021

@Svenja Lorenzen you're in!

Like Svenja Lorenzen likes this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2021

Hi @Bridget , 

First of all, thanks for briefing about importance of Articles and it's advantage. 

I have just applied for Atlassian Author but it looks like a closed group and need approval. Could you please assist? Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Suvradip

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2021

Hi @Bridget I have applied for this last week, but seems it has not progressed. Could you please take a look, thank you!

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2021

Hi @Bridget ,

Good Morning. Trust you're doing well.

I commented here and dropped you an email yesterday but unfortunately it's still not allowing me to progress.

Could you please have a look and approve?

Cheers

Suvradip

Colum McAndrew August 10, 2021

Hi. How long does it take to get an application to write an article accepted? Just wondering if there is some vetting process, as it has taken a week so far.

Like Binh Dinh likes this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2021

Hi @Bridget ,

I have applied on July 27th, 2021 but it's still not approved. Could you please confirm when is it likely going to be approved?

Please let me know in case I am missing anything.

Cheers

Suvradip

Like Bridget likes this
Bridget
Community Manager
September 28, 2021

@Colum McAndrew and @suvro , welcome! 

Like # people like this
Colum McAndrew September 28, 2021

Thanks for the welcome @Bridget I hope my contributions will benefit the wider community.

Sai_ManageEngine_AnalyticsPlus
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 19, 2021

Hello @Bridget

I'd like to post our product demo in the Apptoberfest for which I need access to post an article. Can you give me access to write articles?

I hope my contributions will help the Atlassian community.

Thanks,

Sai

Like ALMANSORI likes this
Elena Fabrykant January 11, 2022

Hello @Bridget

I applied to be an author on the 24th of December 2021, but it's still not approved. Any chance you can give me some estimations of how long it can take? :)

Like Jaime Blancas likes this
Heth Siemer April 1, 2022

Hi @Bridget,

I was already apart of the Atlassian Authors group (me: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Knowledge-Bases-With-Great-Knowledge-Comes-Sprinkles/ba-p/1449065#U1990802) but I was converted to a full-time employee (yay! thank you bosses!) which changed my email so now I no longer have access to my Atlassian Community account due to SSO logging me in :( is there a way I can join again? Do I need to re-apply? I will absolutely do that if needed. I know I don't post often but I do have some new articles I'd like to share.

Also... summit? >__> <__<

Like ALMANSORI likes this
Yasuhiro Kawamura -Ricksoft- April 6, 2022

Hi @Bridget 

How long does it take to be approved to join the Atlassian Authors group?
I submitted a join request on March 28, but it has not been approved yet.

If I do not meet the requirements to join the group, would you please let me know what I am missing?

Best,

Yasuhiro

Natalya Ozhigova April 27, 2022

Hi @Bridget I also want to write an article. Do I wrong when think that the third level in atlassian community is enough for it? The option "Add an Article" was available for me for a short time. But it isn't avaliable for now.

Natalya Ozhigova May 10, 2022

Hi @Bridget again

Is it any propblem to add me to the group? 

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2022

Hi @Bridget ,

I have applied on 27th May, 2022 but it's still not approved. Could you please confirm when is it likely going to be approved?

If anything I have to do my end??

Regards,
Mayur

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events