It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Become an Atlassian Author in 2019

Authors.png
Hello, Atlassian Community! I'm Bridget, and I manage content for the Atlassian Community team. I'm here to update you on the new Atlassian Authors program which is aimed at supporting current Article writers and attracting brand new ones. Members of the program belong to a private Group where they can draw inspiration from monthly prompts, keep up with the points leaderboard, and read tips for general writing improvement.
Upon signup, Atlassian Community members can create content in two forms: Discussions and Questions. We intentionally limit the third content type, Articles, to a select group of people so that new members can get accustomed to Community mechanics before expanding their contributions.

Articles not only provide a platform for members to share their expertise with the wider Community, but they also boost their Author's reputation, both socially and professionally. The Atlassian Community is an excellent place to build a library of work for the benefit of your readers and for your career. Authors have the added advantage of working directly with members of the Atlassian Product teams, giving them exclusive insight into upcoming campaigns and focus areas. 

If you are interested in becoming an Atlassian Author, please fill out this form. If you have questions about writing Articles on the Atlassian Community, ask them in the comments below or send me an email anytime to bsauer@atlassian.com.

Can't wait to read what you write next!
Bridget

5 comments

I was thinking of writing an article about our conversion of Jira v 7.2 to v 8.0 and Confluence 6.2 to 6.14, plus associated plug-ins.  I've gone through a 70 case test plan  so far and we're getting ready to open it up to other departments for "a day in the life of" testing.

Like Antonio Ferruz likes this
Bridget Community Manager Mar 04, 2019

@Robin C. amazing. I think many folks in this Community would love to read that post! 

Are there any monetary incentives?

As a community of Atlassian users helping other Atlassian users, the reward is typically gained/shared knowledge.  :-)

Bridget Community Manager Apr 02, 2019

@Partha Mandayam we do give swag to top 5 monthly contributors, but having fun free stuff is a secondary reward for most Authors behind the feel-good nature of shared knowledge ;). 

Comment

Community showcase
Published in Feedback & Announcements

Marketplace App Review badge is now live!

If you are one of the thousands of users of a Marketplace app, then you’ll love t his month’s community badge ! All you’ll need to do to receive Novembers challenge badge is leave 2 helpful reviews o...

776 views 24 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you