The S.T.O.P Board

The S.T.O.P (Sit, Think, Organize, Perform), is one of my new favourite Trello Inspiration Boards, shared by Stanley Fuller. You can get your own copy here: https://trello.com/b/F3aSiZPs/stop-board

STOP board.png

Here is how it works:

Daily STOP:

1)At the beginning of the day, arrange the cards in the list to the order you plan to attack the items. If you don't feel that you'll be able to get everything done, move items to the next day, and adjust the rest of the weekly schedule as necessary.

2)Mark-off checklist items when complete. Close the card when all checklist items are complete.

3)At the end of the day, move anything that didn't get done to the next day, and adjust the rest of the weekly schedule as necessary.

4)As more things come up that week, work them into the weekly schedule, or put them on next week's list.

5) When approaching the end of the week, begin moving items to next week's list if needed.

Weekly STOP:

1)Every Monday, pull the current week's list over in front of the "Monday" list.

2) Assign tasks to team members as desired.

3)Distribute the items in the list to the days that week you plan on starting the item. This will depend on the hard points in your calendar (meetings, trips, appointments, etc.).

4) Items assigned to others may remain in the weekly list.

Monthly STOP:

1)Sometime around the the middle/end of the month, create lists for each week of the upcoming month.

2)Distribute the items in the upcoming monthly list to each of the newly-created weekly lists.

3) Create new monthly list(s) in order to have around three to four that you can move yearly items into.

stop board2.png

This is great for time blocking and for splitting your work into bite size chunks when you have a timeline to work towards. I currently have a Today and Tomorrow Board, but like how this is broken down by day of the week, weekly and monthly and it evolves as each day is completed. 

9 comments

Greg Cave August 7, 2019

Hey That's Good.  Thanks for posting Jodi

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2019

Thanks Greg, I am always looking for new ways to streamline my boards, so far this has been gamechanging :)

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2019

Good article @Jodi LeBlanc 

All of us should practice this in many aspects. Even when I get a particularly large user "request" for some part of my world to do a new and wonderful thing, I take this approach. Break down the request into the chunks needed to execute and have the requestor have a look to make sure we're singing the same tune.

Can stop a poor implementation from ending in tears....

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2019

Thanks @Mike Rathwell - I completely agree with your approach. As they say, how do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time. Or for the vegetarians: how do you eat a potato field - one potato at a time :)

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2019

This is interesting and I found this very similar to Scrum.

I will be using this for managing my daily or day to day tasks.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2019

@Deepanshu Natani thanks, I am glad you are planning to implement the STOP board. Yes I agree very similar to scrum :)

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2019

This one almost slipped my radar. What a great read. Really inspiring!

There's really only one thing left to say now....

S. T. O. P. ! Hammer time...

giphy_HAMMER.gif

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2019

LOL that gif and caption is so fitting @Andy - PTC Redundant !!

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc : YES! Totally 👏🧐

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events