Working Smarter (not Harder) with Trello

I am on such a high from the amazing Trello PEI luncheon held today at the Startup Zone. We had 46 participants and two guest speakers. A fabulous lunch, incredible learning and sharing. As a super fan/volunteer organizing these events, it is so rewarding to hear the participants comments, and how they use (or plan to) use the tool to organize their life. Mathieu our guest speaker today was actually a participant from my November Trello event, and instantly he jumped right in and started using it, and now he uses Trello for all aspects of his business and personal life. A true success story.

Here was our agenda, last event we had it in the evening, but living on a beautiful Island where the best months for weather are July and August, we didn't want to compete with the gorgeous weather and thought a luncheon may be best for this time of year. Due to the large turnout it was a good move.

11:30 AMMeet & Greet: Registration, Lunch & Mingle
11:50 AMWelcome and Ice Breaker
12:00 PMWorking Smarter (Not Harder) with Trello: Tips, Tricks, Hacks & Best Practices
12:40 PMAsk Questions & Let's Network
1:00 PMClosing

The agenda worked well and we kept things flowing and on schedule, starting and ending on time. Here are our two speakers and their bios:

Kelly Burke is the CFO of local web design & development firm, silverorange. She uses Trello daily to delegate, organize and collaborate. Kelly will provide us with some examples of how she uses Trello individually and with her distributed team.

Mathieu Arsenault currently spends his work time as a software consultant helping businesses by developing and designing custom software (mobile or web-based). He is also chair of a non-profit called Fusion Charlottetown, making Charlottetown more attractive for the 18-40 year old demographic through advocacy and community projects. He uses Trello to keep on top of all his projects and he loves it!

So many engaging questions during Q&A session, and positive feedback and comments received from our participants. We are already looking forward to the next Trello event! Here are some photos of the session (including a Trello cake for dessert). Stay tuned for our next Trello event on September 19th in Stratford, PEI from 7-830pm AST.

IMG_3647.jpgIMG_3650.JPGIMG_3651.JPGIMG_3703.JPGIMG_3722.JPGIMG_3726.JPGIMG_3734.JPG

33 comments

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2019

Wow! That looks like it was a lot of fun!  Great post @Jodi LeBlanc!

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc Best write-up ever — thanks so much for sharing, Jodi!

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2019

That cake is AWESOME! Almost as awesome as Mathieu. What a cool dude! Looks like you guys had an absolutely amazing event!! Kudos @Jodi LeBlanc 

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Emilie Cyr
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 14, 2019

I wish I could have been there! Great job on that event! It is fun to see the community come together once in a while. 

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2019

This looks like it was so much fun and that cake looks absolutely amazing! I wish I could have been there.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2019

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon it was such a fun event! :)

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2019

Thanks @Erica Moss - loved every minute of the event! Hoping you will come to PEI for one in the near future :)

Like Erica Moss likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2019

Thanks Andy! Trello PEI chapter is a huge fan of Trello/Taco cakes :) Yes Mathieu is awesome and so is Kelly! She has been my friend for 20 years and actually was the first person to introduce me to Trello, she is the "friend" I mentioned in my "Blank Page" article :)

https://canadiangovernmentexecutive.ca/a-blank-page/

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc I'm going to start inserting it in every convo. Team member: "Hey, Erica!" Me: "Hey, yeah, totally can't wait visit PEI in the very near future, thanks for asking!"

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2019

Thanks for your kind words @Emilie Cyr and @Cody Stevens would love to have you join us for a future event :) 

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2019

@Erica Moss lol I absolutely love that! :) Please do that, we need to make it happen!! Would love to have you as the Honourable Guest Speaker Extraordinaire! 

Like # people like this
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2019

@Jodi LeBlancWhere do these take place?

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2019

Hi @Cody Stevens the ones I host are in Prince Edward Island Canada. Here is a link for future Trello events across the Globe :) https://aug.atlassian.com/trelloevents/

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc you are amazing! My passion for events organization salutes you, everything looks so well organized and prepared. Thank you for sharing! :)

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 15, 2019

Thank you so much @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ it was a really fun event, I enjoyed every minute - and seeing the participants so engaged and excited to be there made me extra happy :)

Like # people like this
Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2019

Wow what an amazing looking event and a great article @Jodi LeBlanc

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 15, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc : you know what... forget a visit... I might just MOVE to PEI now...... !! Love the A Blank Page article. It's gone into the "Epic Blogs" archive for future reference ! ! :D

Like Erica Moss likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 15, 2019

So PEI has the Anne of Green Gables tour and Jodi and now also cake? I want to go to there!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 15, 2019

Aww you are so awesome Mo, please come visit me! :)

Like Monique vdB likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 15, 2019

Thanks Bryan, it was a fun event - can't wait until next one :)

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 15, 2019

Yes Andy, please move to PEI! Remember you were going to be the PEI gif Master and Tourism Comms President! Your logo of the dancing potato won top props :) Thanks for your kindness on the Blank page article, honoured to be part of your Epic Blogs archive :)

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc : Yes ma'am! I will not forget. I am totally ready to rock my new role!!

You're welcome! You are quite the skilled penwoman... a couple of your blogs are in that archive! 😎🌟👍

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2019

Your energy and enthusiasm is so contagious @Andy - PTC Redundant , thank you for your kindness! Your co-workers are so lucky to work with you every day - seriously! 

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc : Hahaha, GREAT to hear. Brings a smile to my face and PUMPS me up!

You are most welcome.  😍🤗🙏

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2019

Love the cake!  If it looks that good I can only imagine how awesome the luncheon was.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events