Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Community Round-up: July 2024

Hello Everyone!

It’s that time once again to take a look at everything that has happened in the past month! From major events, to product announcements, to amazing people providing great tips & best practices to help the Community, I guarantee there is something here for everyone. Let’s get started!

Announcements & Highlights:

As always, there are a TON of amazing things happening and here is just a small sample of all the great things you don’t want to miss out on!

• First up, the latest kudos update includes new level up rewards and three new badges that are up for grabs for you to earn. Be sure to check them out and claim them as soon as you can.

• Next, speaking of badges there is a new badge you can earn for liking the lift off page as well as one for getting involved in the new ACA - Confluence Essentials certification. Also, there is new updates on Team '24 Europe and a new free Atlassian Intelligence university course.

• Speaking of Confluence, there’s also a bite-sized learning for Confluence Automations. If you have been wanting to learn more about the automations available in Confluence, be sure to check this out!

• Next up, there is a new group in the Online Community specifically for Bitbucket Pipelines. If you have been looking for a place to ask all of your Pipeline related build and deployment questions, now you have a dedicated place to do so.

• Next, in case you missed it, July is a month all about Jira! This article has a collection of all the activities you may have missed out on including Jira Admin Appreciation Day (July 15th).

• Did you miss the first episode of “Are you smarter than a Jira Admin?“ This article includes a list of all the questions asked so that you can test yourself. Be sure you sign up for the next episode so you can join the action live.

• Next, have you wanted to learn more about tracking assets, in Trello? Brittany Joiner has written (and included a video) about her amazing way to use a Trello board for tracking the inventory of items in her camper. You should really check it out!

• Next, as a parent myself I can understand the fear of how others will accept your personal needs in a professional environment. However, this is a wonderful article by Hana Kučerová about her return back to work and the acceptance of her colleagues and customers alike!

• Finally, Teodora V is back with another insightful take on how to get your tools to communicate with one another. If you are struggling, hopefully this article will help you bring things back in alignment.

New Features & Product Updates:

Want to keep up to date on all the cool things Atlassian has announced about their products? Be sure to read through these, then go check out all the others for your favorite product!

• First up for JSM fans, have you started using the virtual agent? Well, now it’s available to be used on the portal as well. You can now take advantage of the great virtual agent features without the need to setup a link with one of the chat apps (e.g. Slack)

• Next, for anyone that is currently using JSM Assets, please not that as of September 30th, 2024 you will no longer be able to use Status IDs in AQL. This was an undocumented capability and as of September of this year, this feature will be removed. Going forward you will need to update any filters and scripts to use the status name instead.

• Speaking of notifications of changes, the Bitbucket Cloud team will very soon (if not already started as of the time this post goes out) start deleting empty workspaces. This will not affect your ability to log-in and access your Bitbucket profile and non-empty workspaces will not be impacted.

• Next, for my friends on Cloud Enterprise, new data is available to consume in Atlassian Analytics for Confluence. The highlight points center around attachments, whiteboards, databases and space permissions. If you are using Analytics, you might want to take a closer look at the new things you can leverage.

• Speaking of Whiteboards, there are a number of new changes for you to check out! Including, transparency for images, full screen mode and new stickers! Plus, a look at some features that are coming soon!

• If you haven’t heard, Confluence Databases are now GA! Do you want to know if this feature is right for you? Go read through this article which does a great job of explaining how to use Databases including what’s new as of GA vs what was available during the Beta.

• I think most people know my feelings around Team managed projects, so this is a very welcomed surprise! Sprint Retrospectives, which has only been available in team managed projects, is now available for Company Managed projects! Be sure to check out this great new addition!

• Next, for those of you using Plans (formerly Advanced Roadmaps) there is a new beta features for you to start playing with. The Program board is not available to help you with short to mid term planning. Note that this new functionality does have a few limitations and configuration prerequisites. But, it’s worth checking it out!

• Finally, are you interested in learning more about building your own Rovo agents? The EAP for the Forge Developer experience is coming soon. Be sure to sign up today! I wonder if this might be a Codegeist theme in the near future…

Trending discussions you should join:

Want to join in on some trending discussions? Be sure to check these out!

Questions left out in the cold:

Why not lend a hand to another fellow Community Member and try answering some of these questions!

Automation Corner:

Looking for inspiration to optimize your processes? Check out some of the cool things people are doing with automation!

It’s hard to believe another month has already come and gone. Please be sure to stay healthy, stay safe and I’ll see you back here next month.

Take care!

9 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2024

Dang - I wish there was more stuff happening in the Atlassian ecosphere. This looks pretty sparse.   :-)

Thanks as always, @Jimmy Seddon !!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2024

July was a really rough month both work-wise and health-wise. I needed this to start my August off right!

Like # people like this
Denis Boisvert August 1, 2024

Vacation month they say! 

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro August 1, 2024

That is a fantastic summary; I truly enjoyed it. Thank you, @Jimmy Seddon! You rock, as always!

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2024

So many goodies!

You Are The Best GIF by VismeApp

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2024

Just got a chance to watch this, but fantastic as always @Jimmy Seddon!

Like # people like this
Susan Waldrip
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2024

Tons of info in your round-ups, and I really enjoy listening to the video while looking thru the links you post. Thanks as always for taking the time to do this!

Vronik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2024

Thank you very much for the summary ;o)

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2024

Thank you, as usual!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events