Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I assign approvers to a releases?

Davit Ebralidze June 17, 2024

Hello all! My question is mainly about creating a process where specific team members have to accept the release of a specific sprint. Does Jira support this kind of feature? For when the PM intends to end the sprint, can some consent emails be sent to specific team members, or to set criteria in which case the sprint can be ended and released?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Lisa Forstberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2024

Hi @Davit Ebralidze , 

I think I see what you are after but there is no such feature in Jira today.

I think with "releasing a sprint" you mean completing it. Sprints according to scrum are run during a specific time period so it should be completed on the last day of the sprint. Technically completing it in Jira is open for any user with the mange sprint permission in the project(s) represented in the scrum board.

I want to recommend that, from a collaboration perspective, completing a sprint should be a collective decision Ideally be baked into the rest of the scrum ceremonies like sprint review and sprint retrospective.

Adding and building more process around this to handle "proposal" and  "approvals" is in my view only adding unnecessary complexity. That said, there is a trigger in automations for sprint completed that you might want to use to for sending notifications.

all the best

/L

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events