Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's New in Confluence Whiteboards: June Edition

Hey Whiteboards Friends!

It’s that time of month: we’ve had some fun updates over these last few weeks and wanted to share with you details of the improvements we’ve been making in Confluence whiteboards. As always - please give them a go and let us know any thoughts!

📸 Transparency in images

We have recently improved our images feature, allowing you to import transparent images (PNGs) in Confluence whiteboards. We know you’ve all been asking for this one to help in your diagram creation and layering your images. Happy diagramming!

Dashed lines (1) (2).png

👀 Full screen mode

We've added a new display option that pops you straight into fullscreen mode, making it easier to present existing content during your meetings. You can access this super easily from the three dot menu on the whiteboard.

Full screen mode.png

💟 New sticker packs

We already had AWS stickers to help identify your shapes and capabilities on whiteboards, and we felt it was high time we supported the next two most popular architectural services in our sticker packs - Azure and GCP. Let us know if there are other sticker packs you’re interested in for future iterations!

Sticker packs.png

Coming Soon

We’ve got a couple of features coming really soon and wanted you to know that they’re on their way!

🧰 Minimising the toolbar

While you all love the capabilities available in our toolbar, we’ve also heard from you that sometimes you wish it was just a bit smaller. To help you have even more space to add content to your whiteboard, we’re building out a user preference that allows you to make that toolbar shrink away when you don’t need it.

Minimise toolbar_02.png

〰️ Dashed and dotted lines

Based on feedback we know that drawing connections between elements is important, but so is visualising that relationship. We are extending our styling beyond a simple solid line and added in both dashed and dotted lines so you can make those connections happen!

Dashed lines (1).png

🧹 Alignment

We recently added the ability to tidy up your sticky notes, but we thought you might want even more ways to make your content neat, so we’re working on alignment options in pretty much any direction you want - Left, Middle, Right, Top, Centre and Bottom.

Align (1).png

⚫️ Dot background

Sometimes you need something between a grid and a blank background - for all those users we’re adding the option to set your preference to have a dotted background!

Dotted.png

⌨️ Shortcut refresh

We know we’ve added a lot of shortcuts recently and it can be hard to find the ones you need quickly. This refresh has simplified them into 5 buckets so you can locate the one you need easily:

• Tools

• Edit

• Text

• Navigate

• Advanced

Keyboard shortcut.png

Happy whiteboarding! Let us know any feedback on our latest capabilities!

13 comments

Comment

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2024

Superb!!! Thanks @Emily Ditchfield 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2024

Lots of great stuff that just keeps coming!!

Like # people like this
Karine VANEL July 8, 2024

Hi @Emily Ditchfield ,

Thank you for these highly new features expected by my users !!

For your information, I've some feedback from them:

- Manage historical save

- Rotate shapes and images

- Resize multiple frames at the same time ( improve the group /ungroup feature)

- Group/ungroup objects (to improve)

- Search wording ( I think will be arrived with IA)

- Change Font

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2024

Fantastic improvements!

Like # people like this
Susan Waldrip July 8, 2024

Hi @Emily Ditchfield , thanks for the great update (with pictures!). Your team is doing a great job in listening to feedback, the features you're adding and direction you're going with this tool are spot-on. Appreciate your efforts!

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2024

I haven't had time to really get into creating a whiteboard yet, but I'm happy to see that the features available are really improving, so I'll be happy when I do get the time.

Like # people like this
Chrissy Clements July 10, 2024

Great updates.

Like # people like this
Prajwal N
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 13, 2024

Folks, would really appreciate the pen functionality.
The potential, for us to use this as our main whiteboard is enticing.

We are a iPad friendly product team and would love to have the pen tool. 

Like # people like this
Yousuf Raza July 14, 2024

The ability to align the sticky notes is awesome. Waiting for the next update. 

Like # people like this
Zaid Smadi July 15, 2024

Great improvements! Thanks 

Like # people like this
Graham Twine
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2024

The features are rolling out thick and fast.

Love it...

Like # people like this
zoz joomaster
Banned
July 22, 2024

Wow this system does not cease to amaze me

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 22, 2024

Looking forward to the July update already. 🙂

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events