Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kudos release notes | July 1st, 2024

Happy Monday, Atlassian Community! ☀️ Can you believe it’s July already? I feel like time always flies during summer and warm weather (for those of us in the northern hemisphere), so I’ll be enjoying it as much as possible and soaking up the sun while it lasts. Speaking of seasonal joys, let’s dive right in to all of the exciting things happening in Kudos this month! 🥳

New: Level Rewards!

In case you haven’t seen this update from Mo yet, we said goodbye to the ‘Levels’ that used to be on your profile’s Badges tab - now we only have one system for levelling up on community, and we wanted to make sure that it feels ✨ extra special ✨ to grow with the Kudos program so we are introduced new rewards to provide jumpstarts along your journey!

Starting at Root (Level 2), every time you level up you’ll be able to redeem bonus points to give you a head start towards your next level. All you need to do is head into your To Do challenges menu of the Kudos tray, and you’ll see starting today your level reward is already redeemable! Your next level will also display as locked, so you’ll always know what you’re looking forward to 👀

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 17.08.53 (1).png

Open up the Level Reward currently available to you, and select “mark as complete” at the bottom.

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 17.09.59.png

Confirm in the pop-up that you are completing this mission, and voila! Your bonus points add to your grand total, and you’re well on your way to your next goal 🏅

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 17.10.55.png Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 17.11.10.png

Limited Edition + Good for the Environment: Tree Amigos!

This month only, Likes for Trees is BACK! This year we have a bigger and better goal than ever before: 40,000 trees!!! 🤯 We’re already off to the races and seeing the limited-time Tree Amigos badge flying around the community. As a reminder, you can earn the Tree Amigos badge and a bonus point each time you:

• Vote in the ‘Where should we plant trees’ poll

• Like any content in the community

• Send recognition Kudos to any other community member

• RSVP to a local Atlassian Community Event

• Last but not least, share a community content with the #LikesforTrees hashtag

Happy planting! 🌳

challenge_iconUrl_main_78d49c52-43ed-9e9d-aef8-dbc875e0cf3b.png

Exclusive to Atlassian Community: Jira July '24

It’s not just July, it’s Jira July! 🤩

Participating in 3 or more Jira July challenges throughout the month will earn you the exclusive Jiralympics Kudos badge for Jira July 2024 🏆 Each challenge is sports-themed in honor of the upcoming games in Paris, and be sure to also nominate an amazing team using Jira to win one of three team awards so we can have our very own podium this summer!

Badge.png

ICYMI: Bite-sized Learning: Assets in JSM

Before I go off to start working on all of our Kudos goodies in store for next month, make sure you snack on some Bite-sized Learnings over the summer! ICYMI, last week we published the newest edition of the series to celebrate JSM June, with Top Tips for Successful Implementation of Assets in JSM! 🤓

f69d5f9b-e6da-47c7-9829-7649207a1b06.png

With ALL of these things going on, make sure you’re a part of our Community Contests & Kudos group to stay in-the-know, or you can even set a search alert for Kudos Release Notes so you don’t miss a thing! Until next time, happy Kudos collecting! :wave:

12 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2024

Lots of summer fun! Thanks @PJ Zaiac!

Like # people like this
Mary Agueros July 1, 2024

@PJ Zaiac Thank you for the  release notes. Your notes are fun to read. 🤸‍♀️

Like # people like this
Lucas_DevSamurai_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 1, 2024

Thanks for the updates @PJ Zaiac it looks like this is going to be a fun summertime 😁

Like # people like this
Daria Kulikova July 2, 2024

It sounds like a lot of fun! Thank you @PJ Zaiac for sharing!

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2024

Wowzers, looks like an amazing July is up ahead in Community!

Like # people like this
TC Wang
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2024

Got my level rewards! Thanks for sharing @PJ Zaiac !

Like # people like this
s_mokhov July 8, 2024

Are Atlassian Kudos open-source?

Like # people like this
Naresh Kumar July 11, 2024

thanks 

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2024

I miss the old levels, there I had 9 of 10 and now I can't finish it

Like # people like this
PJ Zaiac
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 19, 2024

Hi @s_mokhov, apologies for the delayed response here! The Kudos program is our challenges, badges, and points system built into the Atlassian Community platform, and neither the platform nor the Kudos integration is open source.

Like # people like this
PJ Zaiac
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 19, 2024

@Alexander Pappert if you're close to Level 10 in the old leveling system, you still have some time to earn it! 

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2024

@PJ Zaiac 

I think I am far away from 10 ;(

Maybe we can keep the 9 also, since it was a hidden level like the 10?

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events