Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to assign issue automatically to the previous person (developer) following stat chang

In my workflow there are few statuses to describe the flow of features

Backlog/selected for development --> in progress --> QA --> Done

In case the feature tests failed, the QA change the status to REJECTED.

Is it possible to modify the assigned person automatically to the one which was responsible for the development (in progress)?

3 answers

I managed to find free add-on (https://docs.automationforjira.com/) that can assist with automation

The only problem left is that I need to save the developer user somewhere .... I still need to figure that out 

0 votes

Hi @Eran Kaufman 

Natively i will say no, it's only possible to assign an issue to the "current user", to the "reporter", "Lead developer" in the postfunctions. You can also update the assignee field with the value you want but your workflow will keep this value.

I have the same request, but the one who was responsible was also the reporter so when the test failed i automatically assign it to the reporter.

May be some add-on will help you.

Hope this helps

thanks! actually I've found free add-on that might solve it

Hey Eran, could you please mention which add-on helped you with this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you