Is it possible to assign issue automatically to the previous person (developer) following stat chang

Eran Kaufman April 8, 2019

In my workflow there are few statuses to describe the flow of features

Backlog/selected for development --> in progress --> QA --> Done

In case the feature tests failed, the QA change the status to REJECTED.

Is it possible to modify the assigned person automatically to the one which was responsible for the development (in progress)?

3 answers

1 vote
Eran Kaufman April 8, 2019

I managed to find free add-on (https://docs.automationforjira.com/) that can assist with automation

The only problem left is that I need to save the developer user somewhere .... I still need to figure that out 

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2019

Hi @Eran Kaufman 

Natively i will say no, it's only possible to assign an issue to the "current user", to the "reporter", "Lead developer" in the postfunctions. You can also update the assignee field with the value you want but your workflow will keep this value.

I have the same request, but the one who was responsible was also the reporter so when the test failed i automatically assign it to the reporter.

May be some add-on will help you.

Hope this helps

Eran Kaufman April 11, 2019

thanks! actually I've found free add-on that might solve it

Pooja Gopal July 21, 2021

Hey Eran, could you please mention which add-on helped you with this?

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2019

Suggest an answer