Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

126 comments

Arnd Layer March 16, 2022

Is there a comprehensive overview of all the integration points offered directly by Atlassian and Microsoft?

I find the content to be very fragmented which leaves ma always insecure I could have overlooked something.

Like # people like this
Andreas Schmidt _yasoon_ March 16, 2022

@Arnd LayerThere is the Microsoft Partnership page: https://www.atlassian.com/partnerships/microsoft

[Edited: language of link]

Like # people like this
Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2022

@Arnd Layer I would also recommend https://integrations.atlassian.com where we list all of our integrations.

Like # people like this
Steph Bannister April 6, 2022

Hi, 

We are facing a problem that it seems only licenced JIRA SErvice Management users can create an issue in a JSM project. 

However, we would love to be able to use this add-in for anyone in our company (most have JIRA software licences only and viewer privileges for JSM projects) to be able to e.g. create a support ticket in our customer tech support project (a JSM project). 

But so far they are getting authorization errors when they try to create/send emails from outlook via this add-in to our JSM project.

Is there a fix?

Do I need to change a permission somewhere?

I am working with a company managed JSM project by the way.

Cheers

Steph

Like Wojciech Śwituła likes this
Dorothy Callahan April 26, 2022

Hi,

We are migrating to Jira Cloud and will use Outlook emails to submit work requests.  I saw a demo with a resource currently using this functionality.  I know this is a long shot but I saw the body of the email posts to the description.  We will have fields that are required.  There is no way to have a "mapping" from email template to required fields in Jira correct?

Oliver Trang August 4, 2022

Hi, is it possible to use those functions from a shared mailbox i.e info@xyz.com or service@xyz.com, where mutliple users have access to?

They'd like to update or comment on issue from the mailabox and then select their respective users.

I don't think it's possible, because you'd need to set up that mailaccount as user in Jira. Furthermore it'd be contradicting to the Jira/Atlassian philosophy to assign issues to a single specific user rather than a group.

Thanks for your help,

Oli

Gena Welk April 17, 2023

Hello,

How can I tell if a Jira Service Management issue was created via the Jira Add-In for Outlook?

Like # people like this
Marie-Blanche Jalette April 24, 2023

Hi,

Sorry but I did not find the information, is share box is support with this add-on?

Many users say no in the add comment but officially is it not supported or just misconfiguration?

Maksym Yokha
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2023

@Marie-Blanche Jalette Hi! Unfortunately, Jira Cloud for Outlook currently doesn't support shared mailboxes. There's a public issue that you can watch and vote for.

UPD: the support for shared mailboxes was added (thx @Vitalii Saienko ) to Jira Cloud for Outlook and API-186 has been closed.

Like # people like this
Caroline Osten May 4, 2023

Hi,

in the self-assessment of the app (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365-app-certification/outlook/atlassiancom-jira-cloud-for-outlook-official?pivots=general) it's stated that TLS 1.1 or higher is supported. Can you confirm that TLS 1.2 is actually supported?

Thanks and regards

Caroline

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
May 4, 2023

Hi @Caroline Osten 

Thank you for the question. Yes, TLS 1.2 is supported. You can refer to this page for more information on TLS protocols that are supported at Atlassian.

Caroline Osten May 4, 2023

Thanks a lot for the quick and positive feedback

Like Vitalii Saienko likes this
Keith Coda May 7, 2023

Sometimes, I also faced this problem with my working environment. But you have to bear it with your work. I have seen many blogs provided  the tips to handle these issues. You have read their to get the solution.

Sarah Ni Riain June 9, 2023

Hi, 

I am getting a consistent error since yesterday @Vitalii Saienko - 

{
"code": "AUTHENTICATION_FAILED",
"message": "jwt not active",
"reqId": "[Not sure if this is a user specific ID, can share if needed]"
}

I cannot use the plugin on Outlook for Mac - it has been working up until now. I've upgraded to the most recent version of Outlook on my Mac... It does still work on Outlook for Web.

Hope you can help!
Sarah

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
June 9, 2023

Hi @Sarah Ni Riain

Thanks for reporting this. I've created a bug in our public issue tracker. We are investigating it on our side. Feel free to add yourself as a watcher to see the progress of the issue:

API-671: Add-in doesn't work and shows "jwt not active" error

Regarding reqId, it's safe to share it. It doesn't reveal any information about you, it can be shared publicly. But it's not needed in this case, I was able to find related logs to this case. Thanks again!

Philipp Schmidt hmnc July 14, 2023

i can not add more as one jira site to my outlook plugin. Anyone an idea how to fix it?

AADSTS90015: Requested query string is too long. (atlassian.com)

Justyna Kostrzyńska August 14, 2023

HI, 

Is it possible to attach ZIP file to the JSM issue via Jira Cloud for Outlook ? 

Other emails with attachments in defferent formats are saved in JSM, but when ZIP file is attached to the email- it cant be saved. 

Mario Böck September 19, 2023

Hi,

did anyone ever try to "attach email" to the product-discovery? 

Everything is working fine, when I try to attach an email to an issue, but it does not work to attach an email to an IDEA in the JPD. 

The strange thing is, I get an success response, but there is no email attached.

Does anyone have an idea?

Bernd Schickerbauer September 28, 2023

Do you have a plan to adopt MS Graph for that plugin rather than using EWS APIs? Microsoft has declared EWS as legacy.

I mean there is some time until 2026, but we as an organization try not to adopt too many plugins using EWS and would prefer MS Graph API integrations.

MS announcement EWS: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/exchange-team-blog/retirement-of-exchange-web-services-in-exchange-online/ba-p/3924440

Nita Sexton October 16, 2023

Has anyone noticed any performance degradation due to this app install? 

Fontane_ Matt October 18, 2023

@Maksym Yokha I also really enjoy this add-in. I think my most used is Send to Issue. We're testing with some IT members here before considering giving it out to non-IT department project members. I have a thing that I know will be asked by our other users so I wanted to post here (and here Customize fields in "Issues list" of Jira Cloud for Outlook add-in API-489) 

In the Create Issue screen of the Jira Cloud for Outlook add-in, it would be great to be able to choose somewhere which fields show up and which do not. We currently do not allow external senders to send in support requests, so having contact information fields isn't really helpful (and takes up space) since we are already selecting a reporter. Also, the order of the fields is kind of all over the place (Impact and Urgency are separated instead of one on top of the other. I'm curious if this is impacted by other screens and screen schemes inside the project settings. I'm also curious as to what controls which fields are required? I'm assuming this is also as a result of the screen settings in the project.

Thanks again for all your responses to everyone. 

Matthias Limbacher December 15, 2023

Hi there

Is there any chance that there will be a documented REST API to get (and put) emails to Jira issues like the Outlook plugin does? 

I guess that the plugin uses an undocumented (part of the Jira) REST API to upload emails. Most likely it uses the official REST API to get the fields and autocomplete information and so on.

I already found the issue property "atlassian-outlook-integration", but it only contains a number.

I need such possibility to be able to get emails from issues to reference them in our CRM application. Unless I don't have a way to get the emails from a Jira issue, I cannot generally recommend the outlook application. 

Laurent R_ February 8, 2024

Hi,

I would like to copy the field "Attached emails" when creating a linked ticket in an automation.

(From a JSM isuse to a Jira Software issue)

Currently the attachments are copied correctly, but I can't see any fields containing the word "email".

Can you help me please?

2024-02-08 17_10_37-Automation - Jira - Brave.png

Wojciech Śwituła February 21, 2024

Hi there, 

I wonder if it is possible to extract the title and content of the attached email.

In the API I found only the number of attached emails. Is there any way we can get that information?

I need to use this as a Smart Value

JIRAScreen.png

Does anyone have an idea?

Mic Herald February 22, 2024

Are Custom Fields supported yet?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events