When a new company-managed project is created, by default, some issue types share the same screen scheme.
Using different screens schemes for issue types is ideal with the following scenarios:
You want to use specific fields for Bugs, so when necessary you can add the fields to the screen without affecting the screen of Epic and Story, for example.
Agents/Developers that work on specific issues can have a clear view of the ticket since it will show only the fields they need.
In this article, I’ll cover a step-by-step guide on how to associate a different screen scheme to a single issue type on a project.
Note: You need to be a Jira administrator and a Project administrator to perform the below steps.
1. Go to Cog icon > Issues > Screens.
2. On this page, you can click on Add screen in case you want to create a screen from scratch, by manually adding all the fields, or you can just copy an existing screen and remove the fields you don’t need.
In this example, I will create a screen for Epics by copying the Default Screen.
3. On the next page, add a name for this new screen and click on Copy.
4. Click on the new screen and add/remove the necessary fields.
When adding or removing fields from a screen, it will be automatically saved.
1. Go to Cog icon > Issues > Screen schemes.
2. Click on Add screen scheme, add a name and on the Default screen select the screen you created before.
1. From the Screen schemes page, click on the new scheme you created.
2. On the next page, click on Associate an issue operation with a screen.
3. The operations are Create, View, and Edit issue screens, so follow these steps (Associate > Operation > Screen > Add) for the desired operations that you want to associate with the screen.
1. Go to the Project settings > Screens > Actions > Edit screens.
2. Click on Associate an issue type with a screen scheme and then on the pop-up screen that appears, select the Issue type and the Screen scheme created before and Add.
You are all set!
If you go to Project settings > Screens, you can now see the new scheme.
Hope this article helps you
Angélica LuzAtlassian Team
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events