Associate Screen Schemes and Screens from One project to another

Roja Gurram May 14, 2020

Hi All,

I am trying to associate/Add screen schemes and Screens to one of my project ?

How do we do this in a simple way?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2020

Open the project configuration and go through each setting, selecting "use another scheme" for each area you want to change.

Roja Gurram May 14, 2020

Hi Nic,

I have reposted again. That is what i need do for New project how do i associate the existing schemes...

Roja Gurram May 14, 2020

Thanks Nic for understanding my question.

Your answer/suggestion helped for me. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2020

The same.  Your "new project" is not new by the time you get to configure it, you're changing an existing project.  Same for older projects.

Roja Gurram May 14, 2020

Nic,

I have Created a "new project" but all configuration changes i need the same as Old project/s.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2020

I don't know what you mean by that.

Create new project then go to Admin project -> scheme to change -> select existing scheme.

Existing project, go to Admin project -> scheme to change -> select existing scheme.

Roja Gurram May 14, 2020

Nic,

Above suggestion is applicable to both old/Existing and New Projects.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2020

Yes, it is, that's what I am saying - old or new project, you just go to Project -> Admin and select a new scheme as needed.

Roja Gurram May 14, 2020

Ya Understood Nic. Thanks as always for the quick response.

0 votes
Devi karthikeyan September 17, 2020

Sorry wrongly updated here

0 votes
Aviv Zelovitch June 25, 2020

Hey @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

I have the same use case, but i dont have a buton "select scheme", in project settings

I have "Site Admin" Authorization.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2020

You either don't have Jira/Jira-system admin rights, or you're in a Next-gen project, which don't have schemes.

Aviv Zelovitch June 28, 2020

Im on Nxt Gen 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2020

Ok, that explains it.

Aviv Zelovitch July 14, 2020

Sorry for the delay :)

So how can i add a field to a new issue?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2020

In the project settings, you can add fields to the project.

I dont have that field (see attachment)

issue.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2020

What field? 

Epic link

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2020

You don't need to add epic link in NextGen, it's done by using "add parent" on the story.

Aviv Zelovitch July 15, 2020

and if i'm working with tasks, can i add an epic link?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2020

Yes, assuming your "task" issue type is a standard type (not an Epic or a sub-task type)

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2020
Roja Gurram May 14, 2020

Hi Mohamed_Benziane,

No, the above 2nd link not opened for me.

Anyhow, what am trying to say is multiple projects in my JIRA are using the same Screen scheme, Screens, Field Configuration Scheme, Field Configuration ( All these 4 have the same set up ) and Now I am trying to apply it the above 4 to my New project. How do i copy or associate the same to my new project please?

Suggest an answer