Screen Schemes

Blake Falanga June 15, 2020

I have Project A and Project B. When I created project B, I used the Issue Type Screen Scheme as project A (Two projects, sharing one screen scheme). I'm now looking to remove Project B from the original Issue Type Screen Scheme. How do I do this? 

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2020

It's sort of the other way around - schemes don't hold projects, projects use schemes.  You wouldn't "remove project B from a scheme", more "remove scheme from project"

To do this, go to project B's admin section and change the issue type scheme to another one

Blake Falanga June 16, 2020

Are you able to walk me through this? For some reason, it isn't working on my end. I see what I'm supposed to do, but then the Issue Type Screen is still saying that it's associated with Project A and Project B. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2020

Check the layers - you don't associate "issue type screen"s with a project directly

Projects use a single "issue type screen scheme".

An "issue type screen scheme" contains nothing more than a mapping - for each issue type that might be used in a project, it names the "screen scheme" to use (with a default - so you might say Bug: scheme 1, Feature, scheme 2, everythign else, scheme 3)

A screen scheme says "for create, edit or view, use these screens".

If the screen is saying it is associated with both projects, then you have not selected a a different issue type screen scheme for the project, OR your new issue type screen scheme still tells things to use the same screen somewhere

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events