Atlympic Event: Jira

Announcement @2x.png

Hello Community! 

Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! badges! fun!) please read more and sign up on this post.

AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADO...

We are pleased to present the Jira Software Atlympic Event: 

The automation nation, rule to rule them all, contest

Hi everyone! Before we wrap Jira July, we want to hear about your favorite automation hacks. What are they? Do you have a favorite template? What do you use them for? How do they save time?

Create posts with your automation hacks in the Jira Collection - you can video screen grab the rule in action with Loom, Screencast, ect. Our very own automation product team will vote on the best submissions! All submissions are due August 8th.

We'll judge using the following categories:

1. Usefulness - quick wins that make a big impact

2. Smartest - unique or challenging problems tackled by automation

3. Automation for things other than work - no joke! we've seen an automation rule for all sorts of things...e.g. watering plants at a certain time :) 

Top picks will be included in the automation template library, and along with an Atlympic medal, winners can bask the glory of naming the rule themselves!! 

If you want a refresher on automation, check out the Jira guide on automation.

Also, feel free to take inspiration from these posts Jira Automation Ideas and Jira Automation - all the resources you need in one page.

Excited to see your #jirajuly #automationnation submissions!

21 comments

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2021

Super and welcoming Automation rules.

Like Bridget likes this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2021

Hi, here's mine .

Thank you, @Bridget , I've always been afraid to publish something in Jira Collection, but thanks to this event I've finally made it :-).

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 24, 2021

@Hana Kučerová - amazing!! Huge congrats to you - I'm happy the Atlympics gave you the push you needed!

Like # people like this
Prashant Sangappa Shivashimpi July 26, 2021

Hi All,

Greetings. I am using JIRA from more than 6 Years and I am a HUGE Fan of this tool. It's amazing and best Project Management application in the market in this digital era.

I use "Create with shared configuration" for creating new JIRA projects in our instance. I create minimum of nearly 5 to 6 new JIRA projects and this automation feature really helped me to speed up and focus on working advanced level concepts in JIRA. I loved this feature and we can pre-define our project config and simply use it on the fly. It's a very cool feature.

I have worked with JIRA 5.X and now using JIRA 8.X. The product has evolved very significantly and many advanced features and automation tools have been added. 

My every Workday starts with JIRA and Confluence and ends with working on them.. I simply love these products day in and day out..!

BR,

Prashant.

Like # people like this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2021
Like # people like this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2021

What are the guidelines around reposting an article I've already posted in a different collection? I wrote a really detailed post about my favorite automation rule a few months ago in the Jira Admins collection.

Like # people like this
Sally Stone
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2021

@Esther Strom you can repost, no problem! Also if you have another entry, that could double your chances at winning ;)

Like # people like this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2021
Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2021
Like # people like this
Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2021
Like # people like this
Sajit Nair
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2021

hi @Bridget any specific reason the #jira challenge ends today ?
while others have no due date or are extended till 8th aug.

I wrote some of the content, but was struggling with screen grabs and I realised I might have already missed the deadline. (timezone difference)

Like Marianna Ole likes this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 28, 2021

@Sajit Nair - I will chat with the Jira team + extend the deadline! 

Bridget
Community Manager
July 29, 2021

@All - deadline is extended until August 8th!

Marianna Ole July 29, 2021

Yeey 👏 thank you @Bridget

Like Bridget likes this
Marianna Ole July 31, 2021

How does Jira Automation extend to designers?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlympics/How-does-Jira-Automation-extend-to-designers/ba-p/1764924

Thank you for the extended deadline)

Like Bridget likes this
Joe Pursel August 2, 2021

Hi Everyone,

I created an Atlympic post in the Jira Collection to help you use the Automation for Jira plugin to create a project rule to add a component to an issue when the issue type meets the condition. We also use the Component Watchers plugin to notify the Component Watchers that an issue matching the condition was created.

Please check out Add a component to an issue based on issue type to view the project rule.

Cheers!

Joe

Like Bridget likes this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2021

Hi @Bridget and all!

This is my participation for the automation, in which I use automation to calculate the sum of the original estimate of all issue types which belong to an epic.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/Atlympics-Automation-Calculate-the-sum-of-original-estimate-of/m-p/1767040#M15235

Good luck to everybody!

Alex

Like Bridget likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2021
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2021

Hi all! Here is my post: 🪄 Add comment from problem to incidents 

Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2021

It's me again 👀 I discovered the new "Project created" trigger so I got inspired: 🪄 Automate your Confluence documentation 

Sadeesh Narendran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2021
Like Bridget likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events