Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Cloud Outlook Plugin is not working on MS 365 Outlook but ok on Web App

Cindy Pappas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 28, 2022

Hello.   My desktop was just upgraded to Office 365 and since my Jira Cloud outlook plug in is not working.   Other team members also went through upgrade are not experiencing the same issue.  I've removed the plug in, restarted outlook, added it back, restarted outlook and still no resolution.  MS Edge is my default browser.. 

First image is what happens on the MS 365 Outlook desktop app.

JiraDesktop.PNG

Second image using Outlook Web App connects successfully 

JiraWebApp.PNG

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

1 answer

0 votes
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2022

Hi Cindy, what version of Office, Windows feature update & quality update, and Jira Cloud add-in do you have installed?

I'm also using this add-on and have Edge as my default browser, but have not encountered this issue. I have the following installed:

• Outlook (MS365 Apps for business subscription) version 2205 (Build 15225.20356 Click-to-Run)
  • Windows 10 feature update version 21H2
  • Windows 10 quality update KB5015807 (July 2022 cumulative update)
  • Jira Cloud for Outlook version 1.0.3.1
    • Managed/deployed by my Microsoft 365 admin

Microsoft's documentation states to verify you have the latest Office version installed when you encounter that error. The response to this stackoverflow question states

This error is by-design for add-ins in Outlook clients that are rendered using IE and do not have Protected Mode enabled.

and then continues to suggest a workaround when using Edge

If you do not or cannot enable Protected Mode, a possible workaround is to upgrade to a newer Windows and Office, so add-ins are rendered using Edge Webview instead of IE.

Digging into Edge WebView further I found that Edge WebView2 is the latest version. It's likely already installed on your computer, but I'd suggest double checking to be certain.

Another thing to try would be a simple uninstall of the add-on, restart your computer, re-install the add-on.

Another thing to try would be to uninstall the add-on then have your Atlassian administrator revoke the authorization you provided to the app to connect to your Atlassian site. This can be done under Administration --> Products --> Site --> Connected apps --> Manage the Jira Cloud for Outlook app --> click Revoke beside your username. Then re-install the add-on and hopefully it starts and prompts you to authenticate again.

Some of these similar Atlassian community questions might help you troubleshoot your issue also:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events